UFC News and Discussion Thread

As far as the Bader-Ortiz fight, if Bader loses it will be very difficult for him to recover from it, but if he loses then maybe he shouldn't recover from it. If he's so much better than Tito he'll win the fight.

I don't want to act like I'm Universal and my friends are the end all be all, but I asked my brother in law who he thinks is going to win that fight. His response was "Who the fuck is Ryan Vader? Tito's gonna fuck him up." When Bader wins, people like him are more likely to take notice when Bader fights actual competition. And if Bader somehow loses, he probably wasn't going to make it to the top to begin with.

• Like 1

Bader would have more of a challenge fighting Jenna Jameson.

For those of you who play WMMA, you know when you want to push a guy or pad his record, so you give him some easy fights. Life is imitating art.

I just personally feel Tito fighting the likes of a man with a name, even if that name is forged on past glories, is much more enticing, I liked the Lil Nog/Tito match up before injury curtailed it. I just fear for Bader as I feel he has much more to lose should he lose the fight given that I expect Tito to lose every fight he is put in. Though his performance against Hamill was very very good in retrospect.

A mid level fighter who holds a victory over the Light Heavyweight champion :shifty: [/troll]

seriously though he is upper mid level his losses came to Bisping (which was a massively controversial decision) and Rich Franklin, he has also beat former top contenders/champions in Tito and Jardine and stands a real chance of putting himself in the mix with a win over Rampage.

The only argument I have against Hamill is while he's lost to Franklin/Bisping (Middleweights) his best win at Light-Heavyweight are Jardine/Ortiz (not at their best anymore) and Munoz (a Middleweight) so I think he is really a mid level Light Heavyweight. I think he's basically going to end up in the Jardine/Vera role where he'll beat the lower guys but be somewhat of a name for the up and comer fighters to try and get a win against to take the next step up.

Bader would have more of a challenge fighting Jenna Jameson.

For those of you who play WMMA, you know when you want to push a guy or pad his record, so you give him some easy fights. Life is imitating art.

Except if it was really like WMMA the guy would then lose his first non-tomato can fight and never recover from it.

Guest mr. potato head

I don't understand that fight at all. Einemo's actually got potential, but him losing to Carwin does nothing for either guy because nobody knows who he is. And beating Carwin won't make him a star, because nobody's ever heard of him, so most fans will be all "guess Carwin's just washed up now".

I think his age is probably the reason why they don't want him to have to climb the ladder first. You can't give him 4 fights first against lesser competition because then he'll be 37 allready. If he beats Carwin, they immediately have a new contender... especially if he does it in spectacular fashion.

Plus, the guy has some pretty good credentials. ADCC world champ, beat Rolles Gracie. In his MMA career he's 6-1 with his only loss against Fabricio Werdum (unanimous decision). And he trains at Golden Glory with Alistair Overeem, Sergei Kharitonov and Gegard Mousasi. If these guys believe he's ready... then he's ready.

He was ADCC champ in 2003 and hasn't had a MMA fight since 2006. He's irrelevant.

Pretty much this. I guess they figured they NEED to get Carwin a fight since he's been out of action for about a year, and don't feel like feeding him anybody that they're trying to build up/everybody else is booked up. Comes with the territory of having a division without any type of depth whatsoever.

Velasquez, Lesnar, JDS, Nog, Carwin, Nelson, Mir, Moorecraft, Struve, Corvin, Pee Wee, Schaub, Barry, Beltran, Browne, Hunt, Kongo, McCorkle, Mitrione, Rothwell, Russow.

Thats just off the top of my head, no depth, no depth at all <_<

Seriously though it comes with having booked a bunch of fights with all the top fighters and unfortunately Carwin is the odd one out.

• Like 1

Velasquez, Lesnar, JDS, Nog, Carwin, Nelson, Mir, Moorecraft, Struve, Corvin, Pee Wee, Schaub, Barry, Beltran, Browne, Hunt, Kongo, McCorkle, Mitrione, Rothwell, Russow.

Thats just off the top of my head, no depth, no depth at all <_<

Seriously though it comes with having booked a bunch of fights with all the top fighters and unfortunately Carwin is the odd one out.

Depth isn't about just quantity, but quality as well.

The difference between the Velasquez/Lesnar/JDS/Carwin/Mir/Nelson tier and everybody else isn't even close. Rothwell, Struve and Schaub are getting there (as are Corvin and Mitrione, I guess), but Carwin knocking either of the five the fuck out does nothing for anybody, and everybody in the main tier is pre-occupied. In wrestling terms, there's no midcard in the heavyweight division for the upper echelon guys to fight when they're not fighting each other (at least not in a meaningful match); hence, no depth.

So, might as well give him a sacrificial lamb that means close to nothing to them (but might have a jiu-jitsu's chance in hell!) than one of the prospects they hope can make it big.

Edited by Mysterio2000X