UFC News and Discussion Thread

At the age of 37, not being in a higher weight class, you have to think Punk will not reach the upper echelons of any big fight promotion.  However, this is potential value in "freak show matches" like Bellator seem willing to promote 

In a few months he'll be on Talk is Jericho talking about how all the texts he got from the wrestlers after this fight changed his mind on coming back. No way he does this again if UFC doesn't take him up on it once more.

1 minute ago, Kirkland said:

In a few months he'll be on Talk is Jericho talking about how all the texts he got from the wrestlers after this fight changed his mind on coming back. No way he does this again if UFC doesn't take him up on it once more.

disagree with you, if someone in the US or Japan comes a long and offers him a good purse for another fight he will do it.  UFC have extracted the value and hype from his first match, but there is still some commercial and promotional value to having the CM Punk name on the event banner.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vince Russo said:

Some people are taking way too much delight in Punk losing. Yeah, it was always going to end badly outside of a miracle shot, but I give Punk credit for having the guts to take the kind of chance that most of his armchair critics would be too scared to take themselves.

I'm sure a lot of armchair critics would step up and get submittedin 1 round of an MMA fight for the money he got paid. Difference, is they'll never get the opportunity.

He's rightfully going to be laughed at, he got his ass handed to him after two years of the best training when he should have been nowhere near the octagon.

• Like 4

Not liking Punk for getting a chance he never should have had is one thing, and even that is stupid because the people to criticize for that are the UFC, not Punk. But anyone actually enjoying Punk getting humiliated, or enjoying anyone getting humiliated, is a sad inadequate who's hiding their insecurities.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TCO said:

I'm sure a lot of armchair critics would step up and get submittedin 1 round of an MMA fight for the money he got paid. Difference, is they'll never get the opportunity.

He's rightfully going to be laughed at, he got his ass handed to him after two years of the best training when he should have been nowhere near the octagon.

Post-Gall001.00_01_47_02.Still001.0.0.jp

#fuckthehate

3 hours ago, Noah said:

Pass the hat around at the next PTTS, to hire Punk to fight Gazz.

It'd take me until PTTS XXVII to cut down to 170lbs.

2 hours ago, TCO said:

I guarantee to you they wouldn't, the chance of being publicly humiliated is a strong demotivator.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vince Russo said:

Not liking Punk for getting a chance he never should have had is one thing, and even that is stupid because the people to criticize for that are the UFC, not Punk. But anyone actually enjoying Punk getting humiliated, or enjoying anyone getting humiliated, is a sad inadequate who's hiding their insecurities.

Perhaps we just enjoyed seeing a massive asshole get humbled in front of a few million people?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, brenchill said:

Perhaps we just enjoyed seeing a massive asshole get humbled in front of a few million people?

Pretty much. He is an unashamed wanker, so I do actively enjoy that it happened.

Whilst not on the same scale, the fact that this happened on the same night as Brook vs Golovkin in the boxing seemed to make Punk's piss poor performance seem even more laughable.

• Like 2

I don't see how he was "humbled" or where the whole line of "He thought he could just walk in and be an MMA fighter!" comes from.

He never pretended like he was going to be good. He always said he was there to give it a try and nothing more. He was gracious in defeat and wants to get back to work. 

• Like 5