UFC News and Discussion Thread

Frank Mir is the best colour guy of all time, hands down. Calls the action, explains how moves work, knows all of the gyms and fighters and their styles. He's perfect and it was a sad day when they fired him from WEC. He's so much better than everyone else it's crazy, I don't know who decided Florian does a good job, because he's shit.

Guest mr. potato head

Mir was good, Randy was great back in the day. Bonnar shows potential. Florian's not offensively bad, but he is a little bland. I'm quite happy with Goldberg and Rogan as the a-team though.

The best at being the worst. He tries way too hard and it comes across, he has a boring voice (nearly as bad as Stephen Bonnar) and looks just like my gay cousin who I find offensively ugly. I never liked Randy Couture either, but he was still streets ahead of Florian. Bonnar and Florian are the drizzling shits and should be banned from appearing on television.

Sonnen was really good on the pre-fight show he did. I wouldn't mind seeing him try the headset on for size. When he's not hyping a fight he actually seems like a really decent guy who knows his shit whilst still maintaining all of the charisma of his fighting persona.

But yeah Rogan and Goldy are getting really dire. It could just be because I've been a fan now for 5-6 years but it's all sound bites and feels like they never speak in anything but. It's like listening to (bad) video game commentary.

Guest mr. potato head

He tries way too hard and it comes across, he has a boring voice (nearly as bad as Stephen Bonnar) and looks just like my gay cousin who I find offensively ugly.

Yeah, fuck announcers who don't look good on camera!

439905-jim_large.jpg

What's wrong with JR? He's not offensive looking, he looks like a grown man and fits the product. Kenny Florian looks like a not quite fully pubescent 14 year old, it's like the work experience kid found a live mic.

Frank Mir is not that great, sure his breakdowns can be really good, but, his bias towards certain fighters made him unlistenable in some fights, its even worse than Joe Rogan going nutty over any high level BJJ guy.

I like Rogan, I am ambivalent to Goldberg and Florian, and I like Anik. Bonnar was dull, Randy's astute breakdowns were amazing, I want more Pulver.