UFC News and Discussion Thread

It really is an odd time to jump on that particular train, he's just been done for DUI and is about to face what I consider his biggest challenge thus far. Surely it wouldn't have cost them any extra to sign him after the fight?

He's 24. He's got, barring injury, 8-9 years ahead of him with a ton of profitability. Nike should have jumped on board earlier, this is the company that waited for Tiger Woods to turn pro so they could open their golf line. When they want to start making products for a sport, they jump in with a young, fast-rising star. In the case of Jones, he's already risen. So that makes this weird for them.

I expect them to sign a slew of fighters from other countries really fast to start spreading their inevitable MMA line all over the world as quickly as possible.

Man, Bones absolutely destroyed all four of those guys, barring maybe Lyoto. Why would anyone want to see that again?

No, he literally dropped Lyoto after putting him to sleep.

Then answer to your question is, that, should (read: when) Hendo beats Jones, it is going to be tons of fun and also amazing.

The Mauler and Glover are not ready yet, needing another fight or two each, and past those two, or somebody dropping to 205 (Like Cormier, when he comes across from Strikeforce) or coming up from 185 (Anderson or Chael), there is nobody at 205 left for him to fight (read: destroy).

Fixing that for you. :)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're so funny and cute Soren

Yeah, laugh it up while you still can. We'll see who is going to be laughing come September.

Hendo will not even get close, his reach is 35cm less than Jones' before you also factor in the unorthodox style of Jones.

I know that Hendo's right hand is a powerful weapon, but its useless if he can't actually reach Jones' chin.

Guest mr. potato head

Machida and Rua could do things Jones couldn't. Anything Hendo can do, Jones can do better. Hendo's like Evans in that regard. It might be a war of attrition and a 50-45 decision, but Jones will clearly be the superior fighter.

And it's worth mentioning that Hendo hasn't fought a good wrestler since Jake Shields two years ago. Shields won that fight, and Jon Jones is a heck of a lot bigger.

Due to local sports being on, I was the only person in the bar watching the event.

Well that was until the main event, when one of the footy players came in to catch the rest of the ppv.

He must have been a Frankie Edgar fan, as I heard him call out "C'mon Frankie" more than once.

Seconds after Benson Henderson was announced the winner, he got up and stormed off in disgust.:P

I honestly couldn't score that fight either way, so close.

But it comes back to if Frankie is continuously frustrated with the judges decisions he must change his fight style and aim to finish more fights, maybe at 145 his style could lead to more finishes, but the amount of "controversial judges decisions" that come out of Frankie Edgar fights is a little bit silly and he has to take responsibility for putting himself in those positions, there's no smoke without fire yo.

He does annoy me. He was obviously landing shots, but he's just too tentative, he seems to fight not to lose rather than go after the win. Glad Henderson won it, although I too struggled to score the middle rounds. Also, in the pre-fight film Edgar was shown saying the first decision was controversial...was anyone other than him of that opinion at the time? If I remember rightly, I had him as winning one, maybe two rounds at a push, but a clear win for Henderson. Not sure if I wasn't reading a lot online at the time or if he's definitely in the minority calling it controversial.

Cowboy's knockout was fantastic, crazy, crazy round.

I enjoyed Shields/Herman somewhat, but Shields doesn't seem to do a great deal when he's on top. There was that one submission attempt, but even when he got full mount in the third, he just seemed to lay and pray.

Guest mr. potato head

I didn't see the fight but completely agree with Rich that if Edgar's complaining about controversial decisions for the third time in four fights, he should maybe think about doing something to stop it from going to decision.

He does annoy me. He was obviously landing shots, but he's just too tentative, he seems to fight not to lose rather than go after the win. Glad Henderson won it, although I too struggled to score the middle rounds. Also, in the pre-fight film Edgar was shown saying the first decision was controversial...was anyone other than him of that opinion at the time? If I remember rightly, I had him as winning one, maybe two rounds at a push, but a clear win for Henderson. Not sure if I wasn't reading a lot online at the time or if he's definitely in the minority calling it controversial.

I believe I gave 1, 3 and 4 to Henderson, 2 to Edgar, 5 either way. So, clear win for Henderson in the first fight I always thought.

Watching UFC 150, sadly, got the Bendo/Edgar fight spoiled for me.

But what I really want to say is that Mike Goldberg, noted horrible MMA comentator and dumb person, said something after the Cerrone/Guillard fight that just shut down my brain; "Donald Cerrone! [something] Anthony Pettis, injured shoulder, with Nate Diaz looking for Frankie Edgar and Benson Henderson, in the locker room. The main event is up next!".

Someone tell what that means.

EDIT: "Frankie Edgar has spent more time in the UFC than any Lightweight in the Octagon!"

:bang: