UFC News and Discussion Thread

Brendan Schaub and Dave Herman is nowhere near the skill level of Werdum, though.

No but Tim Sylvia circa 2008, Barnett in Pride, Herring almost knocked him out in the UFC and he came back and won, he did the same against Bob Sapp, Cro Cop, Dan Henderson and Mark Coleman, all of them at the top of their respective games when Nogueira beat them.

I know all of these things are a long time ago, but he is a big fight kind of guy, and he does have a win against Werdum. To so flipantly blow Nog off as having worse stand up and the same level grappling as Werdum and claim Werdum takes it is a little bit silly. Nogueira's BJJ is still top level and he has beaten good strikers before and Werdum's striking is not as amazing as everyone pretends, sure he destroyed Roy Nelson, but Roy Nelson has but one weapon in his stand up arsenal, ball up his right hand and throw it as hard as possible at his opponent.

Werdum's stand up has not been tested at a high level Russow is not high level, he failed to engage Overeem on the feet, and don't forget he has been knocked out by JDS in the past, I would not count out Nog at this stage he now has 8 months to get fighting fit, and a fit Big Nog is a scary scary heavyweight still.

Bob Sapp has never been at the top of anything. :shifty: But if Big Nog remembers that he knows jiu jitsu, him against Werdum is going to be awesome to watch.

When Bobb Sapp faced Nogeuria he was unbeaten!

He was also on top of your mother last night, he text me about it, said her ground game was worse than his.

• Like 2

Bob Sapp was on top? Wow, well, at least he's not lazy at some types of things.

Also, I know Nog was awesome back in up till like '10, but he's been through surgeries and just isn't the same, IMO. Werdum, I feel, is in his prime and is really hitting his stride right now. I'm not counting Nog out, but I like Werdum in this one.

Also, no big show in January makes me sad, it's when my hols are about :angry:

I think he is. He seems to finally be hitting his stride. Of course, he hasn't gotten the best opposition, and when he has he does what he did against Overeem, but I feel like he's finally becoming more than a jiu jitsu player. Age isn't the only factor when it comes to one's prime, right? Look at Couture (true, he started late too, but age didn't bring him down for a long time).

Nogueira's wars have all also accumulated and shortened his time as a top tier guy.