UFC News and Discussion Thread

Just watched last night's Ultimate Fighter. Fight should have went a 3rd round. That was ridiculous. Kid got robbed.

Real reason I am posting though is you guys know more than me. What kind of a chance does Bonnar have tonight? I really like him and Forest since Ultimate Fighter was how I started watching and I'd love to see it if you guys think he might pull it out.

Silva usually performs less than normal (read: best in the world) when he's not in the mood. He seems to be super happy this entire week, seems to love that he's on the Brazil card, I'd say he takes it. Bonnar really needs to get in tight to fight his fight, so even though Silva won't have his usual reach advantage, I don't think he'll let Bonnar touch him. I hope he does, though.

It is pleasing to see Maia remember that he is a highly skilled BJJ player again. That neck crack was brutal.

And Dave 'Jiu Jitsu doesn't work on me' Herman getting schooled was even better.

That was such a good night of fights, especially the Fitch fight. Everything went as I would have expected as well... should have put some money on the fights :/

The image of Story squirting his blood everywhere was both horrific and a thing of beauty, top notch card.

That was such a good night of fights, especially the Fitch fight. Everything went as I would have expected as well... should have put some money on the fights :/

The image of Story squirting his blood everywhere was both horrific and a thing of beauty, top notch card.

I did, Fitch at 11/10 was ridiculous odds for a guy of his calibre. Thanks for the free money bet365.

Rick Story squirting blood was scary. But man, as much as Maldonado held out, that fight really should have been stopped in the first round. I was shouting at the screen. And yes, Dave Herman getting the smugness jitsed out of him was awesome.

I hated that fight. It was everything I hate about boxing transferred into MMA. When a guy is obviously punch drunk allowing him to absorb that much extra brain trauma is disgusting. It might be epic at the time, but it won't be in 10 years when he is a changed man and struggling to live in the real world. Yamasaki was in a shit of a position. I liked it when he called in the Dr. the Dr. said he was right to fight so Yamasaki started doing the checks the Dr. should have done which shamed the Dr. into doing them (Yam covered the eye and asked how many fingers to gauge his vision).

Even if he landed a lucky punch and ended the fight I'd still struggle to make a case for it being the right call to let the fight continue.