UFC News and Discussion Thread

Great card, great fights, what a return for GSP and what a win for BIG RIG!

Personally I am not arsed about a GSP/Silva superfight, but last night got me well excited for early 2013 and what is going to be lined up.

Couple of post event tidbits...

Ronda Rousey is officially the UFC's first 135lb women's champ.

The UFC would like Barao to defend his interim 135lb belt, preferably against Michael MacDonald sooner rather than later.

St. Pierre is just something else. To come back from that sort of injury and still be at that level. Ive always put Silva above him in the all time greats list but he closed the gap with that performance.

Him vs. Hendricks should do good business. Also some good cards coming up. I think the UFC is starting to get back to where they were a few years back where divisions are clearer and future fights are booki g themselves. Its good for the sport.

Yeah, sucked that Kampwho lost, I wanted him versus GSP. Hendricks is no joke, though.

Seriously,though, that fight really made me believe that GSP can beat Silva.

I actually think th opposite, this fight made me believe that GSP does not stand a chance versus Anderson, Condit was noticeably larger than GSP and Anderson would be again, Condit was able to hurt GSP by using head movement, combinations and hitting strike from angles, something Anderson is really bloody good at and he has faced adversity and come back from it. I honestly feel that in terms of style Anderson will beat GSP on most days, add to that at fight time Anderson will likely be 20 to 30 lbs heavier than GSP then it really starts to stack up against him.

Yeah, sucked that Kampwho lost, I wanted him versus GSP. Hendricks is no joke, though.

Seriously,though, that fight really made me believe that GSP can beat Silva.

I actually think th opposite, this fight made me believe that GSP does not stand a chance versus Anderson, Condit was noticeably larger than GSP and Anderson would be again, Condit was able to hurt GSP by using head movement, combinations and hitting strike from angles, something Anderson is really bloody good at and he has faced adversity and come back from it. I honestly feel that in terms of style Anderson will beat GSP on most days, add to that at fight time Anderson will likely be 20 to 30 lbs heavier than GSP then it really starts to stack up against him.

But on the flipside, GSP is a better MMA wrestler than Sonnen, who took him down at will and GSP also actually has some modicum of submission defence. I say GSP grinds him for 5 rounds, especially if it's at catchweight and the bigger cut affects Silva's cardio.