UFC News and Discussion Thread

I think Eddie was more implying that some type of thoughts or commentary on the news would be nice. I'm not particularly bothered, but I do understand where he's coming from. It looks like the front page of a sports website. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.

You know?

Josh Rosenthal in prison would still have being in a better position for Burkman's choke on Fitch than Mazzagatti.

• Like 4

I think Eddie was more implying that some type of thoughts or commentary on the news would be nice. I'm not particularly bothered, but I do understand where he's coming from. It looks like the front page of a sports website. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.

You know?

I could always quote them one at a time and then give my thoughts inbetween them? Would that be better?

Josh Rosenthal in prison would still have being in a better position for Burkman's choke on Fitch than Mazzagatti.

:lol: awesome!

Luke Rockhold interested in fighting Alan Belcher next since Bisping fight won't likely happen.

Alan Belcher by decision all day, i just don't think Luke Rockhold is a top 10 guy

With the UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship returning to Manchester in October, Michael The Count Bisping and Constantinos "Costas" Philippou both want to fight each other on that card.

Michael Bisping by decision, except i don't see him standing to much with Costa Philippou he is gonna be go for takedowns and work the clinch

Rashad Evans: 'If UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship offer him a compelling fight at middleweight, he would take it'

Rashad Evans vs the winner of Ronaldo Souza vs Yushin Okami sounds good to me

It looks like Renan Barao vs Eddie Wineland will be the co-main event of UFC 165.

Renan Barao by Submission round 3 im gonna say

Cung le being considered as coach for TUF China.

Kinda the obvious choice but i don't think he could commit the time needed to do it with his movie schedule

UFC 165 adds Stephen Thompson vs Chris Clements

This is defiantly a fight were Stephen Thompson could show off what he is good at and get the KO

UFC 165 adds Mark Bocek vs Michel Prazeres.

Mark Bocek by decision all day

Thiago Alves injured, Mike Pyle fights Matt Brown at UFC on FS1 #1

This sucks, Thiago Alves hasn't fought in like a million years, but i like Matt Brown in this fight by 2nd round TKO

Hector lombard vs Nate Marquardt set for UFC 166.

This is a perfect fight, i think Hector Lombard takes a decision with his superior wrestling and ground game

It looks like Ian Freemans fight with Ken Shamrock is off. Heres a recent facebook from Ian TheMachine Freeman:

Shamrock fight is off - A replacement is found!

Well, everyone including myself, knew this fight was too good to be true as we know what a coward Shamrock is.

Not only is Shamrock a coward but he's also a thief. He accepted the fight, demanded $5,000 upfront as a deposit of trust, of which was sent, and now refuses to return the money.

Not only has he demanded that money up front but also ask for his purse and ticket deal to be paid "before" he fights and this money to be sent to an American bank.

Shamrock you are fucking delusional? What promoter pays a fighter before he fights and with your track record of being a bum, I'm not surprised the promoter said no.

UCFC bent over backwards to stick to your Diva demands but you bitched about everything. Even to the fact that they were advertising your name to sell tickets. Thats what every show in the world does dumb Fuck. The fight was confirmed, and you signed and made a video signing the contract. Idiot.

You know I would have hurt you bad but you had to string everyone along after your WWE speech about wanting to fight me, so you had to play along with it. Now your making excuses saying the promoters are in breach of contract. Bullshit. You had no intentions of fighting me. Your a fake, a crook and a liar. You even made an interview about not fighting me yesterday "without" telling the promotion you pulled out. That just shows what a professional knob you are.

Your over and I hope the rest of the world see this and realise you've lost the plot, your an idiot and I hope your never hired for anything again.

As far as I'm concerned, I have been training hard and ready to fight anyone. A replacement is confirmed and will be announced very soon. A fighter a lot tougher than Spamcock, but hey, I'm here to fight. Win or lose that's what I do.

I'm here to please My fans, not to let them down.

See you guys July 27th, Doncaster.

Ian "The Machine" Freeman.

Here is Ken Shamrocks side of things with regards to his fight with Ian Freeman being cancelled.

Ken Shamrock: "Well that fight's not happening. Unfortunately, like we just got done talking about promoters and things of that nature, that is exactly what happened. We put a contract together and we made a deal. They came back to me, probably after about four weeks, with the contract that we agreed upon and said that, "We don't want to do that contract." Ha-ha. I was just like, "Wait a minute. What did you say?" It's like I'm from another world sometimes. It's like, "You made a deal, but you don't want it no more. You want to pay me less. Okay. That sounds great. Let's just do it then."

So that's the stuff that I have to run into now that I'm kind of independent and doing my own thing. A lot of times I run into that, where people, what they do, which is what they're doing on this, they put my name on the card. They try to sell tickets as much as they can. Then they'll come back and say, "Well, listen, we can't pay you this much," and think that I'm going to go ahead and fight. Even if I don't fight, they've already got those ticket sales and they'll just blame it on me. They'll say, "Shamrock is a no-show."

Now I've got my work cut out for me to get that out there so that I can let people know that this was negotiated a long time ago, and these guys are in breach of contract, and they're the ones not holding up their end of the bargain. So, like I said, now I have to do my due diligence to let my fans and other people realize that, hey, this is the kind of stuff that goes on. Most of the time I wouldn't do that, but in this situation they keep selling tickets with me supposedly going to be there to fight. Then when I don't show, they're going to blame it on me."

Man i hate Ken Shamrock

I have been putting off the Age in the Cage purchase for a while for this very reason :(

Now for several questions for Drock

Why do you think Barao by submission in round 3, seems fairly arbitrary, especially with the way Wineland has been fighinting recnetly, do you think that Barao has the wrestling/grappling skills to get Wineland to the mat to submit him?

What is Cung Le's move schedule at the minute that would preclude him from the TUF china gig?

Why is Boceck going to win by decision? Is his BJJ game not of a high enough level to submit Prazeres in the 15 minutes? I personally feel it is.

Why is Brown going to win so easily in your opinion?

How is Lombard's ground game and wrestling better than Marquardt's?

I have been putting off the Age in the Cage purchase for a while for this very reason :(

Now for several questions for Drock

Why do you think Barao by submission in round 3, seems fairly arbitrary, especially with the way Wineland has been fighinting recnetly, do you think that Barao has the wrestling/grappling skills to get Wineland to the mat to submit him?

I think Renan Barao's wrestling and especially his Jitsu are on a different level then most the guys in the division, Eddie Wineland has looked pretty good lately but i think Barao pushes a different kind of pace and just wears Wineland down catches him with good shot in the 3rd round and ends up getting some sort of choke.

What is Cung Le's move schedule at the minute that would preclude him from the TUF china gig?

I honeslty have no idea but i figured he is pretty busy because he never takes fights and a Tuf coaching job is 6 weeks were he is just doing that to my knowledge, but again i could easily be wrong on this.

Why is Boceck going to win by decision? Is his BJJ game not of a high enough level to submit Prazeres in the 15 minutes? I personally feel it is.

Mark Bocek defiantly could win by submission but he hasn't submitted anyone in like 3 years and i with Prazeres coming down from 170 i think he is gonna be extremely strong so Bocek is gonna have to grind to wear him down to win a decision, he could get a submission but i don't see it i see him using his ever improving wrestling to beat the bigger man

Why is Brown going to win so easily in your opinion?

Well first i was gonna pick Matt Brown by close decision but then i remembered Mike Pyle really ever goes to decisions plus rewatching Matt Brown work over Jordan Mein who i thought would walk through Brown, just makes me think were gonna see a 1st round KO in this fight and its more then likely gonna be Brown on the winning end of it

How is Lombard's ground game and wrestling better than Marquardt's?

This was miss wording on my part, no wrestling as much as his grappling in general, Hector Lombard with his short base and the power he is gonna bring to 170 i just see him taking down Nate Marquardt in the clinch after getting him up against the cage with his winging right and left hooks style of stand up