UFC News and Discussion Thread

So like 95% of the Singapore card are filled with filler. Should I still go? I was on the outs about going initially, but then they announced the main event (and Kawajiri!), and then they went and put a bunch of guys from the Asian regional circuit. I already watch enough of that crap with One FC and Deep already.

Is the experience still good enough, though?

So like 95% of the Singapore card are filled with filler. Should I still go? I was on the outs about going initially, but then they announced the main event (and Kawajiri!), and then they went and put a bunch of guys from the Asian regional circuit. I already watch enough of that crap with One FC and Deep already.

Is the experience still good enough, though?

One FC and Deep crap?

Not going because its "Filler"?

These fairweather fans these days.

And yeah, Ponds are like Gazz's thing.

I went to the last One FC show. For the most part, it was crap. I do like Deep a lot, though. They're not pretentious the way One FC is.

I've never been to a UFC live event, but a lot of people I know say it's fun. They've been to better cards, though, not one with freaking Royston Wee on it.

Shane del Rosario has suffered a cardiac arrest and is in critical condition.

As per SB Nation-

UFC heavyweight Shane del Rosario is in critical condition after suffering cardiac arrest on Tuesday.

"Shane had a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse at home on Tuesday morning," del Rosario's manager Jason House told MMAFighting.com via a prepared statement. "He was brought to the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was resuscitated in the emergency room back to a stable heart rhythm and blood pressure. He is currently in the coronary care unit critically ill.

"Our prayers are with him and his family."

No further details about his condition are available at this time.

The 30-year-old fighter is currently at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, Calif. He is no stranger to overcoming adversity as he suffered a herniated disc in a car accident, which derailed his Strikeforce career in 2011. He would fully recover from the injury and fight thus far twice in the UFC.

Del Rosario was scheduled to fight Guto Inocente at UFC 168 next month, however, he pulled out of the fight last week due to a rib injury.

Update from Ariel Helwani-

UPDATE on del Rosario: I just spoke to his manager Jason House again. He said the doctors are waiting a full 72 hours (which would end tomorrow AM) to see if he responds to the treatment he received. The treatment essentially was they cooled his body down considerably in an effort to revitalize his organs and brain. He has not responded to that treatment, it appears. He has no brain activity right now.

Officially, he is still on life support right now at the hospital. House said, "there is a very, very, very slim chance" he survives. Unfortunately, House said del Rosario would need "a miracle."

The doctors have advised his friends and family to say their goodbyes today.

Damn :(

Josh Gross of ESPN spoke to the head coach at Shane's camp, Colin Oyama and he said

Shane Del Rosario hasn't passed, but @Lowkick (Oyama) told me "it is over." No brain activity & the family decided against putting him on a machine.

Huge shame. He was a top prospect who got injured at the wrong time and never really came back :(

EDIT- And Dana's confirmed his passing on Twitter.

Putting your arms in front of your face and letting punches slip through is not defending yourself intelligently.

Slip through? Yeah, her forearms were taking a hell of a beating. Honestly, it was the timing of it all. If he would've ended it 30 seconds earlier when Pena was landing then so be it, but it felt a bit silly to do it with one second left and none of those later blows landing.