UFC News and Discussion Thread

Fuck you Rory, you knob.

Thought Tim Elliot was hard done by, tbh.

Anyway.. I thought Hendricks won 3 rounds, but I can see why GSP got the decision. I think the tapping thing is BS, though. Also echo what Rich said, to beat the champ, you have to beat the champ. Close fights do tend to be judged in favour of the champ, to ensure you take that belt home you need to make sure you win.

Joe Rogan thinks GSP should retire.

"I think Georges should retire," said Rogan. "One of the reasons I think Georges should retire is he was on my podcast and he was talking about being abducted by aliens. I was going, 'you think you've been abducted by aliens?' He starts talking about missing time. He started talking about driving his car and all of a sudden he's at home and he has no idea [how] he got there. I think it's head kicks."

"That fight he had some serious memory loss (at UFC 167). I think he's taken too many shots. An interesting statistic is that Georges has taken more punches and kicks in the last three fights than any of his fights, ever. In fact, 50% of the shots he's taken his entire career were in the last three fights. I think he should get out. I know the UFC probably doesn't want to hear me say that. I know that could be a huge rematch."

And I think that's part of the reason why he wanted to get out. It's not a safe sport and not one you can do forever, Liddell is a name who fought a few too many times.

Looking in the past there's Muhammad Ali as someone who hung on longer than he should have and he's not been well for a very long time.

Yeah, reading that GSP should really get ready to retire. Because he is on the slope and there is no need for him to slide down it further. He has money to burn, and his legacy has been firmly established.

If he were to retire, there wouldn't be many people that will begrudge him. He might only be 32, but if he is having memory loss you need to seriously re-evaluate your career.

And what I know about the dudes training regiment, he goes all out during practice just as much as during his fights. And that can't be good for his noggin at all, it just adds to it.

I don't want to look back in a few years and look at G.S.P. as that legend that hung on one fight too many, and is suffering from dementia or something horrible like that.

Brian Melancon (7-3, 1-1 UFC) has announced his retirement due to kidney problems. He was supposed to fight Robert Whittaker on the upcoming Australia card but with Melancon's retirement, Whittaker has also been scratched from the card.

As for GSP, yeah, he's done all that can be achieved really, retirement would make sense. Plus, he has an acting career to fall back on in addition to him being a personality.

Yeah, I remember watching that podcast and thinking, God Georges, you think you're being abducted by aliens? How messed up are you up there?

I love GSP, he's my favorite fighter ever, and I do not want him to retire the same way other greats like Liddell, Hughes and Couture did.

I know I am being biased, but I would want him to retire as champion, possibly cementing himself as the best ever (having beaten 3 generations of fighters).

I'm done with TUF (for this season), I'm just done with Ronda. I don't even care about the other 2 semis, I'll just download em the day after and watch just the fights for the finae.

Oh they won't, that guy should just be thankful he didn't miss weight in the final, otherwise Dana would have arranged for him to be buried in the Las Vegas desert.