Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

That sounds like a great idea. If they keep on it i might get the game next year. (to be honest, 100 cutsceens dos not sound like a lot... you got to devide them into girls, tag teams and solo sceens at least... backstage, in the match, before and after the match, gimmik match related... and some of em will build on each other, so you will have a lot of repetition, i guess)

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Try this one.

I agree that it looks great, but I can see it being like last year's Create-a-Storyline mode in that it will be limited for no good reason other than to allow the developers to modfy said restrictions in the following instalment and tout them as groundbreaking improvements.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

Edited by Bobfoc

Thanks guys, just got through watching.

Wow, I believe they have finally made a close to perfect WWE video game. Universe Mode looks absolutely great & I hope after time goes on, you'll be able to download various storylines, actions, etc. to add to Universe Mode.

The one catch would be that the gameplay is still repetitive and boring, but I'm hoping it's better.

And I take it created/downloaded CAW's can be a part of this Universe mode too? I would think they are, but this is a Smackdown game, remember, and something that would be called an improvement for 2012. :shifty:

Guest jaywhyte

How many people do you think will write a diary about their Universe on Smackdown vs Raw? I know I'm already thinking about it...depending on the limitations. I wonder if popularity is put into the Universe mode.

I am so pumped for this game! WWE Universe mode looks perfect!

EDIT: One thing though, Will HiaC and TLC only be available for their respective arena's?

Sucks that blood is off by default, Because I will forget!

Edited by DJ Ice

Yeah the mode looks really fun. Every time I try to do a sim fed with a SmackDown game, I invariably get bored after about 2 in-game months. This should hold my interest for much longer.

The only real bummer will probably be the match limits. I don't know who confirmed it and where but it'd been widely said on other boards that you will be limited to 3 matches for Superstars (no big deal, that's standard), 5 for Raw/SD (probably could do with one more but not bad), and 6 for PPVs (that's the real kicker. most WWE PPVs nowadays are only 6 matches, but in games like EWR I usually always have 8 matches. having to limit WM to 6 matches would kinda suck)

But other than that, this looks really awesome and I can't wait to play it.

Also, Vince McMahon is definitely the last Raw guy. On the WWE Universe vid they scrolled through A-E on the roster and Carlito was nowhere to be seen. Safe to say he was either left out oddly like Khali or he got booted from the game due to his drug-related release.

There it is. Vince has been added to the page as the final Raw guy. They also added Hornswoggle (Manager), Paul Bearer (Manager), and Shelton Benjamin to the SmackDown side. That leaves 3 spots open for SmackDown, I'd say Mickie James and Mike Knox are safe bets.

The only other active wrestler candidates for the last spot are Jimmy Wang Yang, Slam Master J, and Kung Fu Naki. Frankly, I can't see how any of those guys got in over Khali (even if he WAS planning on taking time off) or even Chris Masters (who got relegated to DLC) so I'd guess it is going to be something totally out of left field, like a playable Matt Striker or something.