Football Manager 2011

Dan

So I have two finals to look forward to:

Inter in the Europa League Final.

Blackburn in the FA Cup Final.

However, Macheda, who has so far scored 46 goals this season will be suspended for the Europa League final after scoring a hatrick against Schalke and picking up a third yellow card in the competition. I guess he was happy with just leading the scoring charts in the Europa League then. :shifty:

In the league we fucked up and drew with Newcastle (we had a dubious goal disallowed for offside too <_<_ however with Everton beating Man Utd, this leaves Utd first and us second with both of us on 83 points. They have two games to play. We have three. We play each other next. Then we have our game in hand, against Chelsea. Essentially, if we win both of those games we'll win the league. It is by no means going to be easy. Although luckily both of the games are at the Emirates.

Okay, guys. If you were to start an England Manager game right now - who would you consider the most important (preferably senior, I guess, but it's up to you) players? Say your individual top 5.

Hart

Rooney

A. Cole

Milner

Gerrard

The Finishing/Long Shots/Heading is only to do with the accuracy of those things.

Decisions/Composure/Anticipation/Determination are more critical stats.

Decisions is basically the most important stat in the game from my reckoning.

I've been looking at how stats play their roles in FM, Its okay having great technical stats but no point having finishing of 20 if your composure and off the ball is 10 (Simon Johnson at Leeds springs instantly to mind).

Got a new laptopso decided to start a new FM11 game. Loaded England, Spain, Scotland, Italy and Wales. Started in Wales with Neath because they had good training facilities and were only looking for a midtable finish. I take a look at my squad and who do I find up front? Only Swansea legend Lee Trundle! He's going to score for fun at this level, especially now that I have Noel Whelan up front with him.

So the reason I asked about the England squad. I'm tempted to start a diary, as England manager. After a number of very important players are ruled out indefinitely due to a huge fallout.

Hart & Rooney got 5 votes.

Terry 4.

Gerrard, Ashley Cole, Ashley Young 2.

Lampard, Sturridge, Joe Cole, Bent & Milner all got 1.

So Hart, Rooney & Terry would be out. Probably Gerrard and Ashley Cole too. Also happy to rule out Lampard.

Who else should be ruled out to make my England side fresh and to make the game interesting/harder.

Darren Bent. He would seem the natural first choice after Rooney was ruled, so Bent should go too in order to force someone completly new to the head of the line. This person should be Lee Trundle just for a laugh (though he might not do that badly).

Plus you should be forced to play Joe Cole whenever fit :shifty: