Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

3 hours ago, Benji said:

I realised something weird last night.

Despite having four copies of Skyrim prior to the remaster, despite putting countless hundreds of hours into it... I don't think I've ever been to Falkreath or Dawnstar for more than a cup of coffee as I passed through.

How is that even possible?

I don't even remember where those are...

My copy arrived today, keen to lose myself in Skyrim all over again!

Wait is Dawnstar the one with the vampires and the creepy dagger cult dude? Still don't remember Falkreath.

Here's what I am currently rocking on console - which I consider a kind of "greatest hits" since the best stuff will come over.

Alternate Start
Rich Merchants Of Skyrim (all merchants have 10,000 gold - I don't consider that game breaking, more of a "I am tired of having to go to multiple places to sell shit" thing)
Belt Fastened Quivers (personal preference, quivers for arrows sling around your waist)
VioLens (change when/how you get the kill animations)
Unofficial Skyrim SE Patch (should be an edition for each version of the game - but essentially it just patches a ton of stuff the original creators didn't get to)
Realistic Conversations (removes pauses between conversations, people will only talk AT you when they're closer so they're not yelling at you from miles away, etc)
Ordinator (entirely revamps the perk tree to give you SO many more options - it's in my essential list now - same creator has a mod to give more perk points as well)

And the Macho Man mod is coming to XB1 soon as well - cannot wait for that.

I have a vague problem with the Alternate Start mod, in that first, I went for the necromancer route, only to be spawned in a hut in Blackreach. Murdered instantly. Went vampire route. Murdered by master vampire. Now, I live in Riften. Sigh.

47 minutes ago, apsham said:

Here's what I am currently rocking on console - which I consider a kind of "greatest hits" since the best stuff will come over.

Alternate Start
Rich Merchants Of Skyrim (all merchants have 10,000 gold - I don't consider that game breaking, more of a "I am tired of having to go to multiple places to sell shit" thing)
Belt Fastened Quivers (personal preference, quivers for arrows sling around your waist)
VioLens (change when/how you get the kill animations)
Unofficial Skyrim SE Patch (should be an edition for each version of the game - but essentially it just patches a ton of stuff the original creators didn't get to)
Realistic Conversations (removes pauses between conversations, people will only talk AT you when they're closer so they're not yelling at you from miles away, etc)
Ordinator (entirely revamps the perk tree to give you SO many more options - it's in my essential list now - same creator has a mod to give more perk points as well)

And the Macho Man mod is coming to XB1 soon as well - cannot wait for that.

Falskaar, the huge expansion mod someone made is also out on XB1 now.

What kind of new perks are there? Nothing game breaking?

I tried to start a game last night, just to see what kind of options there were for the alternate start....but kinda didn't do anything. Does it take awhile for a game to start with the mods on?

@Ruki Check out here for the list - I don't think it's game breaking at all, as they're spaced out pretty well and I think they make sense overall. Going with something simpler was probably in the Skyrim dev's best interest because it is A LOT to take in... but it makes certain methods of playing a lot more fun and viable when it's not just stuff like 'a certain % better chance of a critical hit'

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68425/?

@MaxxOhhh I've never tried Falskaar but it's really neat that it made it to the XB1 - I never thought it would. It adds a huge area to the game with a good number of quests, and it's fully voice acted by amateurs and professionals. Was made by an 18 year old fresh out of high school basically as a job application and he did end up in the industry... with Bungie. I've heard that it's pretty amazing but noticeable that it wasn't made by someone with training - flat areas, weird enemy placement, but fun none the less.

I started as the only survivor of a shipwreck, off the coast of Winterhold, so I went and did the Mage's college quest line first, as I'd never done it before.  Now I'm the Arch-Mage and am starting up Dawnguard to prevent the random vampire attacks from getting too out of hand.  Added Ordinator last night, these perk trees are much more interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I added Ordinator as well (I think?)....but I didn't level up to get a chance to look at them.

Also, is it possible to turn into a vampire?

If you added Ordinator into an existing save, you should have all your perk points back so you can re-apply them to the new trees however you want.

Yes its possible to be not just a vampire, but a vampire lord, so you also get to transform into a monster who has a bunch of vampire magic and an entirely new skill tree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

If you added Ordinator into an existing save, you should have all your perk points back so you can re-apply them to the new trees however you want.

Yes its possible to be not just a vampire, but a vampire lord, so you also get to transform into a monster who has a bunch of vampire magic and an entirely new skill tree.

Oh shit, that sounds awesome. And would likely go well with my asshole assassin I want to play.

How do you become one? Is it Dawnguard stuff? (I've never done any DLC)

12 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Oh shit, that sounds awesome. And would likely go well with my asshole assassin I want to play.

How do you become one? Is it Dawnguard stuff? (I've never done any DLC)

Yeah, you do the Dawnguard stuff.  Someone should come up to you once you hit Level 10 to recruit you.  Go talk to the Dawnguard, get the quest and that will eventually result in someone offering to turn you into a vampire.

As far as from what I can tell - mods on PS4 is entirely just a "it's there" kind of thing. I was going to get SE regardless.. but if I was going to mod the game and turns off achievements and face possibly running into issues, etc - I needed to go all the way with mods. Alternate start, new perks, all that kind of stuff to make it an entirely different game. As far as I can tell anything that is on the PS4 are little mods that fix things that are slightly annoying - but I wouldn't give up achievements and stability dips for it.