Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

No, I'm on PS3. I bought it used for like 5 bucks a couple months ago and just started playing. I guess I can put 20 bucks into what was a five dollar game for me. Still cheaper than new games.

I get the random racist nord attacking me because I'm a Redguard in Skyrim and I get anyone Identified as a bandit or assassin attacking me but I do not understand these random khajiit in full armor attacking me with no clues as to why. Third catman I've had to slay today.

Companions spoilers kinda sorta

Spoiler

The fact the werewolf hunters eat the werewolves is fucking weird. I get hating them enough to want to exterminate them because they're monsters but to eat the slain seems crazy. Motherfuckers had a shelf and a dining table full of "dog" meat in the same place they had wolves caged up.

Edited by Kirkland

I just had my most epic battle yet. 

I was traveling up in the high mountains to get to an Orc stronghold and I end up in a Forsworn area and get attacked. I can kill most of the lower enemies easily enough so I work my way up the mountain to where the battle really starts. The Forsworn Briarheart and two Normie's come out. The Briarheart's frost magic starts fucking me up and drives me down the mountain. On the way back down I hit them all with a second stage Fire Breath shout to do some damage but not enough.

I dive over the edge of the mountains into a safe area where they can't get me but I can still hear their attacks. I recover and throw together a plan. I use a scroll to summon a atronach of some kind that distracts them long enough for me to get back up and kill the weaker two off. Before the Briarbeart can get back on me I use my own magic to summon a Flame Atronach that distra ts him long enough for me to circle around to the high ground and get a position behind a pillar. He finishes off my minion and the long rage starts.

we both employ the same strategy of ducking behind cover and sticking out to fire except I'm firing arrows and he's throwing ice shards. I have to stop and heal using magic a few times but I can't take long or else he'll charge up into an area when I can't take cover. Eventually when he's about half health he throws an Frost Atronach out. I kill it with a fire shout and the Dawnbreaker in an attempt to make it quick so he can't close the distance but I just wasn't fast enough because he started to come back and force me up the mountain. I use my Redguard ability to regen stamina fast to flee up into the highest portion of their camp where I duck into this little enclosure with their goat so I can hide to recover and regain my magic.

I made sure everything was topped up and I made a plan. I was going to summon a Flame Atronach to distract him so I could run down to the base and duck into the cover he had during the long distance battle and resume that. I wait for the battle sounds then run but he sees me and hits me hard doing damage and slowing me down. The only reason he didn't kill me there is because I just managed to get behind a piller and my nearly dead Flame Atronach nails him in the back with a fireball. He turns and goes on the attack for that and I go for what I think is suicide but is also my only option with this much health and slowed down, an attack from behind with the Dawnbreaker. Turns out this Flame Atronach had a little more fight than the previous one and did more damage to him because my suicide attack is one slash to the back then a cinematic of my character plunging Dawnbreaker down through his shoulder into the body for the kill. Nearly dead with hardly any food and no recovery potions to speak of I won and looted the camp before getting back on track to the Orcs.

Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 4

Forsworn Briar-Hearts are dicks. Every time I've played (and I have restarted a lot over the years), they have been the enemy that caused me the most trouble upon first encounter.

Of course, eventually sneak gets high enough that you can pickpocket their hearts and kill them without ever using a single weapon :shifty:

• Like 1

Are there any mods that give perks for unarmed attacks besides the one in base game's Heavy Armor? I'd love to make a One Punch Man build in Skyrim.

Alduin: "Who are you?"

>"I'm just a guy who's a Dragonborn for fun."

Alduin: "FOR FUN??????"

6 hours ago, Benji said:

Forsworn Briar-Hearts are dicks. Every time I've played (and I have restarted a lot over the years), they have been the enemy that caused me the most trouble upon first encounter.

Of course, eventually sneak gets high enough that you can pickpocket their hearts and kill them without ever using a single weapon :shifty:

Funny thing is I ran into another as I was leaving the settlement. They were in the process of raising this one though so I was able to stab it nearly to death as it was still on the table then finish it before it did major damage.

• Like 1

God damn it I think I'm glitches out of the Companions quest. Aela told me I need to get work from the others but no one is offering work. I think it comes from a while ago when I spoke to one of the guys and asked for work after she said that only to be told I had to finish her job first. Haven't gotten a job offer since. 

Fucking sucks because I really wanted to finish the Companions stuff. I might have a save from before then but I've done so much since.

6 hours ago, Kirkland said:

God damn it I think I'm glitches out of the Companions quest. Aela told me I need to get work from the others but no one is offering work. I think it comes from a while ago when I spoke to one of the guys and asked for work after she said that only to be told I had to finish her job first. Haven't gotten a job offer since. 

Fucking sucks because I really wanted to finish the Companions stuff. I might have a save from before then but I've done so much since.

According to the Nexus forums:

if your stuck at the end of the 'Proving Honor' quest, they mentioned fast traveling to the stables and walking through the Whiterun gates might fix things.

Yeah, when I self-impose no fast travel in Bethesda games (which is usually unless I'm just dicking around with acheivement hunting) I have an exception for buggy things that somehow get fixed by fast travel.

Huh. I didn't realize that if I wanted people to get in knife fights for my enjoyment all I had to do was throw a bow on the ground between them.

Also, third straight time in a row I've gone to Riverwood and have had a Dragon attack. Last one killed the blacksmith.

• Like 1

Seriously?  I may have to go to Gamestop tomorrow