Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

I'm having more fun with this now than I did the first time round. Some people criticise this series for having sparsely populated towns and poor character animations, but I think that adds a stylistic appeal, even if it isn't intentional. A few reviewers have stated their disappointment that this remaster hasn't been given a greater graphical overhaul, but that wasn't something I was terribly bothered about. On my system, it's running smoothly without losing the eccentric AI quirks that the original had, and that's the way I wanted it to be.

Saw a dragon and giant get in a fight and ended up letting them rip each other apart before I finished them both off. I loot the dragon and turn right around into a mammoth that just ends me because I couldn't run with the dragon bones.

• Like 2

Forget Dragon vs Giant, I just witnessed Dragon vs bear.

Also, these assassins coming after me are the worst. So easy to spot and kill. 

Edited by Kirkland

Nearly fucked up my game.... Was in Riverwood, and 2 dragons appear. Take them both down, but accidently hit that Sven arsehole. So there is now a bounty on me, and couldn't find a guard to lose the bounty. So fast travel to Whiterun, and the guards attack me there. Decide to reload my save, and the three saves are from when I arrive at Whiterun, when I go into the inn at Riverwood, with a bounty, or when I was a prisoner right at the start.

Reloaded my game, Ended up running for my life, and somehow finding a guard outside whiterun.

Will a silver sword ever not be useful? I have a skyforge steel waraxe but the silver sword still seems to be doing better against the undead than it. I figured at some point the stats of a non-silver weapon will just be so big it eclipses the effect of silver.

Edited by Kirkland

2 hours ago, Kirkland said:

Will a silver sword ever not be useful? I have a skyforge steel waraxe but the silver sword still seems to be doing better against the undead than it. I figured at some point the stats of a non-silver weapon will just be so big it eclipses the effect of silver.

Yeah, you'll get way better stuff sooner than later.

• Like 1

CwsHepCWQAASOcz.jpg

• Like 2

Man, outside the stupidly pointless radiant quests, I love the Thieve's Guild story in this game. Forgot how fun it is (ending spoilers)

Spoiler

That entire final duel with Mercer Frey, followed by the desperate search for an exit. So much fun. Having my flame atronarch around to show me where "invisible" Mercer was ended up being great.

Does a vampire count as the undead? I ran into a couple last night that nearly wrecked me and now I'm wondering if I'd have been better off using the silver sword I always have on me.

Walked into a random tavern to stay the night.

An Orc picks a fight with me. One of the "call you a milk drinker" ones.

So we have a full blown sword and shield duel in the middle of the cramped tavern, and being a thief build I'm using mobility to dodge attacks.

Then I kill his ass and everyone looks at his corpse and asks how he died.

This game, this lovely game.

Outlaw Bandit:You picked a bad time to get lo- *Gets face shouted off*

Also, a theif ran up to me in the middle of a dragon fight and asked me to hold some axe. Sure, whatever,dragon is going apeshit here, dude. As I land the killing blow a hunter comes by and asks me if I'd seen the theif. I give him his shit and point him in the direction of the theif and he begins to thank me but starts screaming about the dragon soul and runs in a completely different direction.

Finnaly, being a wearwolf is not nearly as useful as I expected.

Edited by Kirkland

2 hours ago, Kirkland said:

Y'all need to start eating your slain foes and leveling the werewolf perks. Werewolf is pretty much unstoppable against almost everything except dragons at a certain point of perks.

I know first hand, because I realised that's why I was struggling with mobs this time - because usually I do the associated quest first and get that ability.

I had no idea there were werewolf perks. Gonna reclear some bandit camps then and feast.

Edited by Kirkland

So, looking at stuff online apparently the Werewolf perktree is only a part of DLC.

11 hours ago, Kirkland said:

Outlaw Bandit:You picked a bad time to get lo- *Gets face shouted off*

Also, a theif ran up to me in the middle of a dragon fight and asked me to hold some axe. Sure, whatever,dragon is going apeshit here, dude. As I land the killing blow a hunter comes by and asks me if I'd seen the theif. I give him his shit and point him in the direction of the theif and he begins to thank me but starts screaming about the dragon soul and runs in a completely different direction.

I feel the same way about being a vampire lord.  Hell, its way harder for me to kill shit as one.