Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Yeah, that's the problem with how Skyrim was designed, it heavily favors using stealth and archery.  What you described is basically the only safe and easy way to take down groups of enemies.  It's a great mechanic, it works wonderfully and feels great while doing it.  Problem is, there aren't other combat/ability mechanics that work anywhere near as well or feel as satisfying as those.

I'm playing through this for the first time. Farkas has sent me off to kill a wizard. About to enter the dungeon. MRW when the screen shakes and I hear a roar: 

giphy.gif

Edit: It was two dragons. First one was normal, duking it out with a giant. Pretty cool fight to watch, actually, both made my job easier. Second was a blood dragon nearby. 

• 2 weeks later...

Started up Skyrim again over the weekend.  I was honestly trying to play with a no fast travel rule.  What broke me of that?  Fucking Lydia.  I always lose her!  I'd stand in one place and wait for her ot show up and she never would...so I'd just fast travel back to the closest place to me, just so she'd show up again. 

On 2/28/2017 at 01:57, Lint said:

Started up Skyrim again over the weekend.  I was honestly trying to play with a no fast travel rule.  What broke me of that?  Fucking Lydia.  I always lose her!  I'd stand in one place and wait for her ot show up and she never would...so I'd just fast travel back to the closest place to me, just so she'd show up again. 

I had my first Lydia moment the other night. 

I'm in the ruins where Mjoll tells you she lost her blade, and Lydia walks through bars to fight two assholes on the otherside that saw me. Since they can't fight me, they fight her, and she dies. 

And that was out that game ended :( . 

5 hours ago, Mick said:

I had my first Lydia moment the other night. 

I'm in the ruins where Mjoll tells you she lost her blade, and Lydia walks through bars to fight two assholes on the otherside that saw me. Since they can't fight me, they fight her, and she dies. 

And that was out that game ended :( . 

Yea...pretty much had a Leeroy Jenkins moment where Lydia died.  

Was about to enter a building to start a new mission, when I heard the sound of a dragon nearby.  I spotted the dragon fighting a giant, and decided "I'll just sit back and wait until the dragon kills the giant, then kill the dragon!"

Lydia, on the other hand, saw her moment to shine!  She drew her flaming sword Dawnbreaker from its sheath, let out a might yell, and ran in to attack!  Unfortunately, she attacked both the dragon AND the giant...meaning they'd both target her.  

A punch from the giant and flaming breath from the dragon later...Lydia is dead 

See, that's why I avoid using companions outside of the early game.

Best thing Lydia ever did for me:

Straight after I got Fus Ro Dah fully unlocked, like many, I decided that Lydia would be a fine test subject and duly catapulted her straight off into the abyss. I did my best to watch her fall but lost sight of her and assumed she'd died.

Like two weeks later, I've carried on playing and progressed through a load of the game, cleared a cave full of bandits and a dungeon full of Draugr in quick succession, used up nearly all my potions. As soon as I leave the cave, a motherfucking dragon descends from the sky and tries to burn me to a crisp. He lands on the ground and starts staring down at me, when FUCKING LYDIA charges from nowhere behind him and just launches into him. I hit the dragon with Marked for Death and just leave Lydia to butcher it whilst I use my shitty magicka to heal. Sadly, I also hit her with Marked For Death, so after she and the dragon rip each other to shreds, she wanders over to me, says "Honored to see you, my Thane," and fucking drops dead.

• Like 10

Latest character, Nord Barbarian type. 

Sided with the Stormcloaks, married Aela. I figured given that Vignar would be Jarl if I side with the Stormcloaks, since I wanted to join the Companions, it would be logical to join them. 

Battle of Whiterun. I go on a fucking purge. If they weren't a Nord, they died. I also killed most of House Battle-Born, cause fuck 'em. 

I then proceeded to Fus-Ro-Dah Balgruuf out of Dragonsreach :shifty: . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So... does anyone know if the unarmed killcams are gender-dependant?

Cause I've been playing as a female character and trying unarmed kills and all I get are the judo throw and the (admittedly awesome) death valley driver-ish one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

...why would you do that :lol:

I think the better question is "Why wouldn't I"

BTW. You know what's better than Heimskr? 
17692688_2277441622281896_1240158160_o.jpg

101 HEIMSKYRS!

• Like 3

Beat the game for the first time; sided with the Blades over the Greybeards, regretted it :shifty: . 

Also, this is what I sing to myself whenever I use a horse to scale a mountain: 

:shifty: 

• Like 2