Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

4 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Wouldn't surpise me if it was meant to be in the game, either in the base game or DLC, but wound up getting cut.  There is a ton of shit in Skyrim that's been found as having been cut

18 hours ago, Gazz said:

You could just play ESO and go to Cyrodiil and the Imperial City.

MMO, ewww.

With as popular as Skyrim is I'm surprised there's not been a large scale mod project to  unblock and populate that land.

46 minutes ago, =BK= said:

MMO, ewww.

With as popular as Skyrim is I'm surprised there's not been a large scale mod project to  unblock and populate that land.

Beyond Skyrim

6 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I want a new Skyrim-esque game already. :(

Well Elder Scrolls 6 might happen after Bethesda is done seeing how much they can sell a Fallout game based on the promise of no actual content.

9 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

I wouldn’t even mind a really nice, updated Oblivion. Make it pretty and change the combat mechanics, I’d be in.

I'd be well up for that. I don't think many would disagree that Skyrim's the technically superior game, but I had more fun with Oblivion. I enjoyed the guilds more and found the environments to be more colourful and attractive. I'm not knocking Skyrim because it's a good game, but I did get tired of seeing so much snow.

• 1 month later...

So I'm playing again.

In my modded game I have this one mod installed that has packs of Dremora appear and cause havoc. Normally they're pretty damn hard to deal with even with my crew just because they tend to spawn with like 5 Lord's and 2 mages while we're a group of 5. They spawn within cities too so there's also civilians to look out for. I had a whole pack appear in front of Dragonsreach and they slaughtered everysingle guard in Whiterun.  Well tonight as I was dicking around in the snow stomping out bandit camps an attack happened but only two Dremora Lord's came out to play. I 1v1 the one that comes charging at me and after a decent fight I finish him. I start looking around for the others thinking there had to be more than two and that they're spread out fighting my companions but nope, there's one left and the sight of this poor lad. The Dreadborn Knight, Lydia, Farkas and Aela are just around him in a circle kicking the absoulute shit out of him from every side. These things are about the third most dangerous thing I've yet to encounter but this one had a bad fucking time.

Wohali is so powerful now that I handled a pack of  Dremora with no followers and I'm slaying Blood Dragons with 2-3 swipes of an axe.

Dsqd7k3U8AA69zF?format=jpg

Double dragons again in roughly the same area. Easy to handle though. What was hard was this fucking army of Cultist monstrosities that were in my way when I went to start the Blades stuff. They're basically Vampire Lord's with no magic. They weren't particularly powerful but there were a ton and they were fast so they'd pin me in a corner and kill me before I could kill them all. I tried three times then had to raise a party again.

DswV4BPU0AAZBwz?format=jpg

With my crew in tow the pack separated enough that I was able to get three to follow me off and meet their end. When I returned my friends had killed one or two and there were three hurt ones I helped finish off.

I found this after a Dremoa attack in Falkreath.

DtEu8OKW0AEEQJW?format=jpg

You know the double dragon cursed land? Yeah.

DtO3z44V4AAkI3H?format=jpg

DtO4MuZVsAEQbgd?format=jpg

At this point if the bodies didn't despawn I could spell out "Fuck Off" with them as a message.

And this is just a good shot of Aela.

DtOrshVU8AATC1C?format=jpg

DtiGg45V4AAeo20.jpg:large

My friend The Dreadborn Knight is starting to look like Ares, God of War and that's a bit concerning...

Also Holy shit I know siding with the empire is the right choice because the Stormcloaks would get smashed by the Thalmor but damn I really want to chop Thalmor heads off.

• 2 months later...
On 30/07/2018 at 18:29, Liam Mk2 said:

Would anybody disagree that the Skyrim soundtrack is the greatest game soundtrack ever produced? 

It just pulls me in every time I listen to it. 

Final Fantasy X for me. Skyrim has great, atmospheric music, perfect for what it is, but there's no To Zanarkand or Otherworld. Final Fantasy is kind of cheating when it comes to soundtracks, though. The best non-original score soundtrack is NCAA Football 2006.

So this post isn't me just dragging up shit from last summer, I recently downloaded and modded Skyrim SE for PS4 and I'm having a blast. It looks gorgeous and with good mods there's a lot of new stuff to do. 

• Like 4

On 20/02/2019 at 22:55, DMN said:

Final Fantasy X for me. Skyrim has great, atmospheric music, perfect for what it is, but there's no To Zanarkand or Otherworld. Final Fantasy is kind of cheating when it comes to soundtracks, though

Strong second on all this. Best non-original has got to be the first SmackDown VS Raw for me. If we are talking purely atmospheric, I think Skyrim is in with a strong shout, but it's as great to listen to by itself (which isn't to say it isn't a great listen).

On 20/02/2019 at 17:55, DMN said:

Final Fantasy X for me. Skyrim has great, atmospheric music, perfect for what it is, but there's no To Zanarkand or Otherworld.

Speaking of Final Fantasy X, Challenge is still my favorite vidyagame song, mainly for the "oh fuck" feeling that comes with it.