Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Me joining the companions in my armor made from the dragons I killed.

Me: "Can I Companion?"

Vilkas: "You? Hah. You don't look tough."

*later at the sparring match*

Vilkas: "Alright whelp hit me with your best-"

Me: "FUS RO DAH"

Vilkas *Goes splat into the wall*

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Benji said:

Wait, do shouts not count as magic in that fight? I remember being pissed off that I wasn't even allowed to fight him purely because my sword was enchanted. I had to switch swords just for that one stupid fight.

...I don't know about that, but my sword is also enchanted, so.

Fast travelled to Morthal to pick up my man Valdimar (I sent him home so I could do werewolf stuff), and immediately two dragons roll up and start dicking about. One firing fire, and one ice. Shit got hectic. But two random NPCs (Lami and her fella) died fighting the good fight, so I pick pocketed their house key and moved in. Result. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

Fast travelled to Morthal to pick up my man Valdimar (I sent him home so I could do werewolf stuff), and immediately two dragons roll up and start dicking about. One firing fire, and one ice. Shit got hectic. But two random NPCs (Lami and her fella) died fighting the good fight, so I pick pocketed their house key and moved in. Result. 

It's what they would have wanted.

33 minutes ago, Jericode said:

No-one plays Skyrim and avoids killing people, it's the entire way you level anything. That excuse would never hold up in court.

Not true, I spam Muffle every chance I get and gain levels that way.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Benji said:

I hope the next Elder Scrolls makes different classes more playable. Every time in Skyrim I wind up as a sword wielding stealth archer no matter how much I try to avoid it.

I just want more cosmetic options that don't make me compromise optimization.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

I hope the next Elder Scrolls makes different classes more playable. Every time in Skyrim I wind up as a sword wielding stealth archer no matter how much I try to avoid it.

It seems to be the natural way of playing for me. I have tried later on to use Magic but I end up just standing there with a weak Destruction spell slowly chipping away at their health while they go to down on me with a sword.

17 minutes ago, Walker said:

It seems to be the natural way of playing for me. I have tried later on to use Magic but I end up just standing there with a weak Destruction spell slowly chipping away at their health while they go to down on me with a sword.

I blame the awkward way spells and staffs work. Having to switch staffs and carry that extra weight without the boost in carry capacity from upping strength is just a massive ball ache. I'd prefer if they just ditched the magic and stamina pools full stop and just had cool-down times on each ability.

I'd love staffs a lot more if they contributed to the skill their spell replicates. Sanguine Rose and Wabbajack are the only ones I've ever used.

• Like 1

High stealth (with perks) and high marksmanship means if I pick my targets correctly I can take down the toughest of a group with one shot using the stealth bonus and then clean up the weaker enemies with following shots.

The only time I switch out of bow is when a pack of fast moving types (generally creatures like bears) all come at me at once. So my sword/shield skills also get some powering up.

Behind stealth and archery my next biggest skill is charisma. Huge discounts, great deals, far less hassle.

Although I HAVE found that charisma is used far more in Fallout 4 which is great - I'm able to get extra money for tasks and solve problems without a fire fight a lot of the time.