Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Finally got around to playing this after owning it for about three years.

It's still Wednesday, right?

DSC_0096.jpg

I'm sorry Mr. Blood Dragon, your application to the College of Winterhold has been unsucessful. We wish you well in all your future endeavours.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

So got my PS3 at the weekend, got it rigged up with my new surround sound (and the game sounds absolutely fucking amazing which is a feat in itself considering I thought it sounded amazing before) and then finally started playing this yesterday afternoon, before I knew it it was 10pm... and I've only just arrived at Riverwood.

It's hard to believe how much has come back to me considering I haven't played for over a year.

Love this game.

• 2 years later...

Downloaded it for Xbox last night, love that I finally get to use mods.  The Alternate Start mod is fantastic, no longer am bound to starting the game in Helgan bound for execution, instead I am free to start wherever from a number of more interesting points!

16 minutes ago, Fly the W! said:

I think I sunk more hours into this than any game I've ever played. But yeah I am ready to do it again and fight Macho Man dragons :P 

Only on PC tho. Console mods won't have that IIRC

Just now, Maxx said:

I believe its only PS4 that restricts to in game assets.

Meh. I have it on Steam for wacky hijinks anyway. And who knows maybe Sony will flip-flop on that too.

Getting Skyrim again is worth it JUST for the alternate start mod. There's a few actually that they should've just incorporated into the main game - but I'm rolling with that, Campfire and Frostfall (which I haven't turned on yet) and it's a whole new experience.

I started out as a bandit in the DLC Morrowind area and packed my stuff up from my camp and went towards the city.. had I read my little blurb I would have known that I would be taken by the guards.. so I surrendered to jail and then escaped out the fireplace hatch. I snuck around to the ship to get back to Skyrim and found out they wanted 250 gold. The guards chased me off so I roamed the island looking for merchants and there were none besides hunters, etc - hardly enough to get the gold I needed and everything on the island itself was able to destroy me pretty badly. So I found some Nord warriors who had been run out of their mead hall and figured it would be the only way to get a merchant... the town near there was doing some ritual and no one was around, so I decided to help them since it was the only way I could benefit. I let them do most of the fighting and then cowardly kept the leader's secret that their ancient warrior had claimed she was not worthy to be leader - only so I could steal everything from them, sell it back and then get the 250 gold I needed to catch a boat. I get to Skyrim and Ulfric is already on his throne and holy shit that was a very immersive experience for a tiny mod that only skipped the tutorial I've done a million times and placed me somewhere else.

15 hours ago, Maxx said:

Well yeah, those innocent dogs aren't going to slaughter themselves.

I saw the invincible dogs mod and instantly thought of this.

• Like 2

I realised something weird last night.

Despite having four copies of Skyrim prior to the remaster, despite putting countless hundreds of hours into it... I don't think I've ever been to Falkreath or Dawnstar for more than a cup of coffee as I passed through.

How is that even possible?

• Like 1