Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing this again, with the Hearthfire and Dragonborn DLC added in.

Read someone else in this thread once said they played their own mini-game...playing as a non-human race, then limiting themselves to what they can do since their kind is looked down upon. I've kind of done this myself this time. I"m limiting myself to Riverwood and Whiterun. Riverwood I'm accepted as as "appreciation" for saving a townman in the beginning. Whiterun I snuck into at night and started the Companions story. Now, I'm "accepted" in the town and can travel in it during the day, do business etc...but I'm not respected enough to meet the Jarl. I want to get done all the side quests in town first, then I'll be respected enough to meet the Jarl.

I did get a letter from a courior inviting me to Falkreath from the Jarl, so I guess I could go there also

I actually made a Kajit because of that and was kinda disappointed that they just let me in every town without hesitation. Would have been awesome if you could have only talked to people outside of the citywalls, be met with great caution by others, maybe have a special storyline with the thiefs and wizards guild and ultimately be able to disguise yourself in a way that alows you to access the normal Gameplay if you want to.

Saddened me to learn they were done 'supporting' the game, but I've still got Dragonborn and Dawnguard to play through - so there's plenty of unfinished business for me.

I gave up on Oblivion...pissed off the Mages guild, had to find 20 of three different flowers to maek them happy..the flowers randomly spawned...screw that

No idea if this has already been posted.

Brilliant.

Anyway, I played Skyrim for about half an hour and got bored when an entire settlement went after me for shooting a chicken. I guess he was the king's chicken or something, whatever. Admittedly these sorts of games are not usually my thing, I just tried Skyrim because of all the hype. I've since played Kingdoms of Amalur and got hooked on it (put about 90 hours in so far, probably two thirds of the way through the main story). What are the chances I could go back to Skyrim and enjoy it better? Also, do I get to be a dickhead cop at any point?

The trick with giants early on is to exploit the AI. Giants will, for obvious reasons, directly jump into melee. This means they will first attempt to go after you in a straight line.

Use rock formations and such to keep them out of clubberin' distance while arrowing/magicing them.

It takes a LONG time with low-level equipment, but even at level 1 you can kill a giant if you know how to maneuver.

I let the giants get on with their mammoth herding. They're a peaceful bunch who just want their sloppy mammoth cheese and to be left in peace. They've always left me alone unless I get too close to their camp or run around attacking them or the mammoths.