Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not expecting anything on the topic of Elder Scrolls VI for at least another year. There was 5 1/2 years between Oblivion and Skyrim, though only 3 between Morrowind and Oblivion. It's always real curious where the next game will be set. I think a lot of seeds have been planted to explore more about the Altmer and set the game on Summerset Isles. They could use two provinces too if they think one is going to be too small. But the joy of something like Summerset Isles is the ability to add a lot of very small islands all around for you to sail too. Hell, a real seafaring twist, maybe where you own a boat in the way you previously owned houses in Skyrim, would be really awesome.

But first things first, we're getting another big DLC to Skyrim I think this fall.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just got the 1.9 update after popping Skyrim in for the first time in months.

So, this "legendary" thing. I get that it drops the skill to 15 and refunds all your perks. Does that mean there's no overall level cap though? Like, you can get more and more perks after 81?

Because well... that'd mean I don't have to wear different armor types to level anymore and that's kind of awesome.

Sweet. Also, the Dark Brotherhood arc has such a satisfying end.

Sweet. Also, the Dark Brotherhood arc has such a satisfying end.

I agree. When I ran in and murdered all of them it was pretty satisfying :P

Heh. I actually did that in my first "super good guy" playthrough. Now I'm playing an evil thief/mage type and decided to do the guild quintella as well. Dark Brotherhood was my last one.

And turning the Emporer's yacht into a floating graveyard was pretty fun. And also poisoning his honor guard's chief in public without being spotted because invisibility.

Today's Bethblog seems to close the book on the Skyrim era.

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/04/15/moving-to-our-next-adventure/

Moving to our next adventure

Skyrim has been a labor of love for us since we started designing it in 2006. We never imagined it would become the phenomenon it has. And that is because of you, the fans. It was all of you who made it a success. We can’t thank you enough for embracing the game, spreading the word, and making it your own.

For the last year and a half we’ve been working on new content for Skyrim; from the game updates, Creation Kit, Steam Workshop, Kinect support, to DLCs. Parts of our team have also been in pre-production on our next major project, and that game is at the point where it requires the studio’s full attention to make it our biggest and best work yet.

Even though we’re moving on, we’ll still have minor updates to Skyrim as needed. We’ve invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it.

We loved hearing your stories, your in-game triumphs, and your suggestions. One thing stuck out to us through those emails, letters, and postings. And that is – video games matter. They’re as important to you as they are to us. It’s not just about entertainment, it’s about your time. And you chose to spend it with our game.

Thank you again for all your support. We hope you stay engaged in the gaming community here and elsewhere. Keep spreading the word. Games are the world’s best entertainment because they can do what other forms cannot – fill you with the wonder of exploration and the pride of accomplishment. We look forward to sharing our next adventure with you.

Until next time,

Bethesda Game Studios

I guess this puts in the mod community's hands for future content and my hopes for one last major DLC are dashed. Ah well. Onto the next great adventure to pour hundreds of hours of my life into!

• 1 month later...

Ok so I like the idea of Skyrim and I'm tempted to buy it. BUT, I fucking hate spiders, like, I won't play the game because of them. I know that there is a mod that removes spiders from the game but my question is, how do you put mods in, how straightforward is it, and is it going to fuck up my game/laptop in any way?