House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

59 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Here is the main problem with literally everything that exists now.

People want to dictate that story instead of listening to it.

Would I have done things different?  Yes.  Does that make me unhappy with what I got?  No.

I feel this is so accurate when it comes to things like Thrones, movie franchises (Star Wars, Avengers, etc.) and wrestling. People have so much time between movies or episodes that all these fan theories suddenly start becoming what's expected. Then people are dissapointed when their expectation and what's happened doesn't match.

This doesn't feel like it happens so much with shows that are released all at once ala Netflix. 

• Like 4

I almost feel like Lost was the catalyst for TV show theories. At least it was the first I remember seeing so many wild theories going around as to what was going on, which inevitably led to everybody being disappointed.

• Like 3

You know, admittedly I'm somebody who has never properly watched this show, so I've only ever seen bits of it here and there, but some of the actors in this show, considering they're main characters, seem pretty terrible.

Sophie Turner always seems really terrible to me in the bits I see of her, and similar for the lad in the wheelchair where everything just sounds so flat and lifeless. It sort of reminds me of the Harry Potter films where you have these kids grown through the films and they're poor/average surrounded by some of the best British and Irish actors around. And similar in this, you have those and then people like Charles Dance, Dianna Rigg, Jonathan Pryce, David Bradley, Sean Bean, Liam Cunningham, Peter Dinklage, Aidan Gillen etc. 

Weird sort of having to be bound to an actor over a period of years as a character grows through a series even the actor doesn't really turn in to that good an actor.

• Like 1

Isaac Hempstead-Wright ("lad in the wheelchair") is playing the role of an emotionless, magical sage. His delivery is supposed to be flat and hasn't always been that way. I concur that Sophie Turner has grown as an actor too. I don't really think any of the kids who have grown up on the show are bad actors, obviously they aren't in the same league as people like Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage but then we shouldn't really expect them to be.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I think Sophie Turner is great. She's had some very good scenes. I'm of the unpopular opinion that she's been better than Maisie Williams for quite a while now.

I kind of think there’s a degree of character preference that clouds the perception of acting ability. 

On 03/05/2019 at 08:30, Adam said:

Isaac Hempstead-Wright ("lad in the wheelchair") is playing the role of an emotionless, magical sage. His delivery is supposed to be flat and hasn't always been that way. I concur that Sophie Turner has grown as an actor too. I don't really think any of the kids who have grown up on the show are bad actors, obviously they aren't in the same league as people like Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage but then we shouldn't really expect them to be.

He's still shit, though. Emilia Clarke is also pretty terrible compared to the rest. 

Honestly I think the best child actor the show had was Jack Gleeson. Granted his character lent to him having to be pretty outrageous in his acting, but bloody hell he was great.

I wouldn't put Gleeson's acting down to his role. He fucking owned it as Joffrey, completely nailed the role and was probably more despised than anybody could have imagined.

Definitely the best child actor they've had. Sophie Turner is shite too, she's been wooden in everything I've seen her in and she's going to keep getting roles due to her fame and look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dickon Manwoody said:

Doublepost but heads up, 4/4 on inadvertently releasing episodes earlier than intended.

For anyone considering "Hey, maybe I want to spoil it, why not?", I want you to really consider just how much you want to spoil this show. Like, thinking about if you want to buy a new house or car hard. 

That said (Spoilers, Seriously, you are warned, I accept zero responsibility for "GODDMANIT MICK" if you click this): 

Spoiler

Holy fuck now I'm depressed :( 

Then again, since I play a lot of CK2AGOT:

what_i_expected_arrested_development.gif

Just now, MDK said:

All you have to do is wait until later! Don't give in to Evil Mick!

...This implies there's a "Good Mick" :shifty: 

• Like 1