House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

3 minutes ago, Dickon Manwoody said:

Recast him again, then have Daario 1 and Daario 2 fight him to decide which one is the real one.

How about no one? 

I'm still really enioying this season and most story beats make sense.

I think there's a lot to be said for that thought someone posted the other day about people predicting/deciding what's going to happen then being disappointed when something else does. Enjoy the ride. I can't think of much this season that didn't make logical sense, at all, really.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Adam said:

I think there's a lot to be said for that thought someone posted the other day about people predicting/deciding what's going to happen then being disappointed when something else does. Enjoy the ride. I can't think of much this season that didn't make logical sense, at all, really.

This feels nitpicky because it's a TV show, but just about all of the battle from last week. 

The biggest thing that bothered me...

Spoiler

Does Dany really not have any scouts moving ahead that would have noticed a large moving fleet of ships with ballistae? How on earth did they get the element of surprise to that level?

Other stuff bugged me and like I say I'll just have to accept, but that really annoyed the crap out of me and felt like a super cheap and lazy way to kill off one of the dragons.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adam said:

I have no problem with the outcomes. It's just the whole thing has been shit and nothing at all like Game of Thrones. Jon and Daenarys' Alladin style dragon ride was just so bizarre and out of place for one example of many.. They're racing through plots and shuffling characters around the continent in seconds and the dialogue doesn't even sound like Game of Thrones anymore. Look at this compared to season 1-4 and it's like a completely different show. I don't even care how it ends anymore.

Regarding that:

Spoiler

I completely get where you're coming from, but I really don't believe that was the intention of what they were going for. I feel like they were saying she wouldn't be who she was now in a broader sense of all the tragedy and hardship she's had to endure.

However, that said, I agree with you. Completely shit way of wording it to get their point across, it was a hole they probably shouldn't ever have dug themselves really.

How did the dragonlady not see any of those ships from up in the air? How didn't either of her dragons? Why didn't she fly away and circle around behind them and burn them to bits from behind where there was no ballista at the back. They'd be fucked before they had time to react and swivel the ones at the front around, and even then they're gonna be blasting through their own sails and down the middle of their ship and stuff.

Edited by Kaney

My big problem with one part of the show:

Euron should not have been able to shoot down the dragon that easily. Those weapons weren't that accurate in real life. And I understand that its a fantasy show, but he was hitting with pinpoint accuracy. I could maybe buy it if the first hit had been a lucky shot, but it really wasn't.....

And, because I don't feel like making another spoiler box, apparently the Starbucks coffee cup is going to be digitally removed from all future airings. Makes sense, but how no one caught that on-set before or while filming is beyond me....

About the whole naval thing...

Dany didn't even see the ships until she came around a cliff.  If she couldn't see them from the sky, they couldn't see her from the water, no line of sight.  Yet they had already started firing at her...so where they shooting through the cliff?

And the Scorpion was never that strong before.  The last time we saw one, it barely went through the dragons scales and just pissed the dragon off more.  Now it was completely able to tear through its neck?  Apparently, the writers did address this in that commentary aftershow, saying they were "upgraded and more powerful versions"...which is just shit writing because that wasn't explained in the actual episode at all.  One line could've solved that issue..."Qyburns new version of the Scorpion killed a dragon" or something like that.

And how the fuck did Euron get Missandei?  Did he have Kraken Team 6 waiting in the water, ready to grab her?  His fleet wasn't close enough to get her when everyone was in the water.

This is like the 4th or 5th time Euron has, somehow, been able to sneak a massive fleet of ships up on people with no one noticing.  I know in the books he's a super powerful sorcerer and can actually do that, but since that hasn't been addressed on the show it just comes off as Euron ex Machina and stupid