House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Just now, Mick said:
  Hide contents

Dany's basically been taking shot after shot of psychological trauma from the get go. Except for Jon and Drogon, everyone she's cared about is dead. Really, her losing her shit shouldn't be a surprise. 

Spoiler

I agree, and I think most people accept that. It's the way in which it was executed that's disappointed a lot of us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mick said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I get that, just didn't like the way it happened

• Like 1

I don't care. After the shit show of "spoilers" that I read in 2017, I should remind everyone bitching about this season, that it could be worse. All in all, as far as this season goes, come what may: 

Image result for butters i thought it was pretty good

• Like 2

Just now, Mick said:

I don't care. After the shit show of "spoilers" that I read in 2017, I should remind everyone bitching about this season, that it could be worse. All in all, as far as this season goes, come what may: 

Image result for butters i thought it was pretty good

Out of interest, what were these "spoilers"? What was rumoured to happen?

46 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:
  Hide contents

I don’t understand why the people on the ground started killing the women and children. That made no sense to me. 

Even Dany going insane that quickly to me was nonsense. Storytelling has really gone out the window this season.

Spoiler

"There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."

As for Dany, Dany is mad. She has always been mad. It's been leading up to this for years. She's alone in a strange land, she's found out her birthright is a lie, everyone she loves is dead, has betrayed her or is secretly her nephew, and she just saw her closest adviser and friend murdered. And, oh, yes, she's mental. It was always going to end up like this, and if people thought she was going to beat Cersei, become a just and noble ruler, and live happily ever after, they really haven't been paying attention.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Out of interest, what were these "spoilers"? What was rumoured to happen?

WELL, since it's completely off the rails:

Jaime and Bronn would meet up en route north, and together would recruit the Tully army, taking them along. The Northern lords would go off to rally their troops, except the Night's King would show up and that really wouldn't happen. Lyanna Mormont died on her way back to Bear Island, etc. Everyone evacuates Winterfell, and eventually make their way south, with the idea, at Tyrion's suggestion, to make their way to the Eyrie for their last stand. Jon would learn the truth from Howland Reed, who stays behind. Theon would be killed when Winter comes to the Iron Islands. 

There's a big ass fight, where Brienne, Pod, Grey Worm and Tormund all die at the Eyire. Bran wargs into Rhaegel. Eventually they win, I forget how exactly. 

Arya makes her way back to King's Landing to kill Cersei. She does this by killing Qyburn and wearing his face. 

Dany becomes pregnant and rests at Dragonstone. Shortly after giving birth to a daughter (that she names Lyanna), the baby is whisked away to safety by Varys as Euron takes over the Iron Throne, and shortly after birth Cersei's troops storm Dragonstone, with Jorah dying as he tries to defend her. Dany dies shortly after, and her body is displayed in King's Landing. 

Jon begins riding Drogon, fucking some shit up, Eventually in King's Landing, everything comes to a head as the Hound fights The Mountain, pushing his face into a burning brazier, and Euron corners Drogon and Jon in the Dragon Pit, along with Jaime (I forget what he was doing TBH). Turns out the Dragon Pit is where they stored the rest of the Wildfire. BOOM. 

Three years later, Sansa rules the North and Vale, Edmure rules the Riverlands, Sam is married to Gilly and runs the Reach, Bronn marries one of Oberyn's daughter, and for some reason, Tyrion is still hand, and has hooked up with Missandei while they serve as Regents for Queen Lyanna. Davos at one point went home, and Gendry ended up married to Arya. 

Spoiler

...And Bran became the new Night's King :shifty: 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:
  Hide contents

The name "Khaleesi" has become among the most popular for babies over the last few years. Those parents look like nitwits now. Well, they already did, but you know what I mean.

I bet some parents who actually named their daughters either Khaleesi or Daenerys are going to seriously considering going to court to file for name changes.

Edited by GhostMachine

Not spoilers for the TV show:

This is interesting. Not sure how big a role or not this guy had or has in the show to be privy to such information, but he says George RR Martin has already written both book six and seven but has made an agreement with the TV showrunners not to publish them before the series finishes.

Spoiler

Was there any significance to the horse Arya rode off on? Like, was she just surprised it survived and was there for some reason? She looked at it and studied it for a while longer than you would have thought, but I can't think of any association to it. Was it the horse she rode to King's Landing on? I just don't understand why that had so much focus on it. 

Just now, Arjen Robben said:

Not spoilers for the TV show:

This is interesting. Not sure how big a role or not this guy had or has in the show to be privy to such information, but he says George RR Martin has already written both book six and seven but has made an agreement with the TV showrunners not to publish them before the series finishes.

I didn't watch, but I'd imagine that is bogus. Martin's publishers would likely shit bricks if they knew he was sitting on the last two books just to appease the show moochers, I mean makers. 

6 minutes ago, Meacon said:
  Hide contents

Was there any significance to the horse Arya rode off on? Like, was she just surprised it survived and was there for some reason? She looked at it and studied it for a while longer than you would have thought, but I can't think of any association to it. Was it the horse she rode to King's Landing on? I just don't understand why that had so much focus on it. 

Spoiler

My best guess was some kind of hamfisted biblical white horse "I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind" type deal.

On the book thing, yeah, seems like it'd be mental to just drop that big a bombshell in some random convention or whatever it is, and I dunno why he'd be given such information? And would surely probably know to keep it to himself if he had been told, since I imagine "don't tell anyone" or some variation of would go along with it. Bit odd.

5 minutes ago, Meacon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Some people are making the connection of

"I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death" and that Arya is totally going to try and kill Dany

1 hour ago, Mick said:
  Hide contents

....technically Tyrion is the king :shifty:

Spoiler

Y'know, that would actually be quite the satisfying ending for The Game to me. Jon doesn't want the throne, Dany has gone mad, and Tyrion has always cared for the small folk.

Also...

Spoiler

nvg6yai02wx21.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Y'know, that would actually be quite the satisfying ending for The Game to me. Jon doesn't want the throne, Dany has gone mad, and Tyrion has always cared for the small folk.

Also...

Hide contents

nvg6yai02wx21.jpg

Spoiler

Can't find it anymore, but I saw a picture that was this

z752le35zwx21.jpg

But with Jon's head photoshopped on

On 10/05/2019 at 04:55, Mick said:

Oh, Pod...

"Hey ladies, my initials are PP. Wanna find out why?"

...pee tape is real?