House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

It does seem odd that a lot of people I've seen talking about why the writers gave themselves less time and just rushed through everything, when HBO apparently wanted ten episodes, and the reason everyone seems to give is that they the writers are just done with Game of Thrones and want to move on to other things and want this to be over.

Like, if that is the case then that seems like such a mad lack of respect for your own show that's made your career essentially, and a lack of respect for the characters and your audience.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

My wife just texted me saying the episode leaked. Any truth to that?

Not the actual episode, but rather a purported outline of it. Based off the source who gave it having gotten the events of S8E5 and Cleganebowl in particular correct several days ahead of time, it's looking legitimate.

The latter would be better, I'd have thought. As I understand it, advert breaks are sometimes different for Game of Thrones, depending on whether you're watching it on HBO, Sky or wherever else. That could potentially mean that we see the big events at slightly different times, so a live thread might not work.

58 minutes ago, Meacon said:

We don't get commercials during Game of Thrones. I have a habit of watching the shows with my wife, without a phone, tablet, or computer near me though, so I'll definitely be in to talk afterward but not during. 

That explains the difference, then. The Sky broadcasts have adverts. I've never known them to have the "Previously on Game of Thrones" bits at the beginning that US viewers sometimes talk about either.

Spoiler

Well that was an intense 48 minutes. The stabbing was excellently done (I honestly thought Dany had stabbed Jon to begin with), and Drogon nuzzling Dany's body was heartbreaking.

Now, who will swim in the iron throne?