House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

10 hours ago, SquareRootOfSi said:
Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

I think this sounds a pretty terrible alternative tbh. It sounds so forced and so wildly cartoonish evil. If that happened I'd just laugh. Makes it sound like she'd just look over and we'd do some reverse Okada style crash zoom in on the window. At least doing it the episode before demonstrates her confidence and underestimating her enemy, which allows for the realisation that she's watching her undoing happening right in front of her and her subsequent panic and breakdown. 

Just on a basic dramatic level it's much more interesting to have that moment with a character being so assured of her plan, only to have it very quickly fall apart and be utterly powerless to stop literally any of it, and then have to face the fact she's about to die, and then have that sudden wave of panic hit her and come crashing down til she eventually lets go and just basically freaks out and has a panic attack. That's much more interesting than some knowing "right, I am the villain so now I'm going to do a villainous thing".

• Like 4

Spoiler

Uh...there's a reputed outline going about for the series finalie. When taking into account the source's track record (95% of S8E5 called, leaker confirmed how Cleganebowl went down several days beforehand), it seems legitimate. 

47 minutes ago, Dickon Manwoody said:
  Hide contents

Uh...there's a reputed outline going about for the series finalie. When taking into account the source's track record (95% of S8E5 called, leaker confirmed how Cleganebowl went down several days beforehand), it seems legitimate. 

Spoiler

Well, it's kind of consistent with what's been posted all week. 

"And I'd get into all these arguments and fights with the writers and they're like "Yeah, we hear you." "Yeah but please, you have to babiba..." And they go "Yeah, we hear you and we respect you, but we don't care. Ok, we don't.. (fuck). You're an actor, just say the words." They didn't say it like that, but that was the gist.
And the funny thing is, we've gotten through these song-and-dance-routines ever season since season 4, where I come back and I'm like "This doesn't make sense!""

Yikes.

1 minute ago, Dickon Manwoody said:
  Hide contents

Are you ready for the outrage opinion pieces afterwards?

Spoiler

I don't care, TBH. People have been shitting all over the season already. Part of it could be improved, but it seems like ever since Suicide Squad, the internet's become just a pure reactionary front, where confusing feelings of nostalgia for quality is the norm. 

Mentally, I have point by point rebukes for what seems like the collective criticism of this season, but you know what? I don't fucking care anymore. If I like a show, I like it, if I don't, I don't, and I don't give a fuck what other people think about that. I've written a 237,510 word, Dragon Ball fan fiction that's not even done yet. You think I care what people's opinions about shows I like or dislike is?

So...yeah :shifty: 

• Like 2

I've always been amazed by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's English accent he puts on for Jaime. He has a noticeable Danish accent normally, but he sounds so authentic in what isn't his first language. Even with Peter Dinklage, you can occasionally hear a bit of his natural accent seeping through, but Coster-Waldau doesn't seem to falter.

16 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Bronn travelling through Westerosi history would be an appealing spin-off.

I thought for a second you said "appealing send-off". Imagine if, for the last episode, they dropped everything that was going on in King's Landing and just did an hour long Adventures Of Bronn.

• Like 1