House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

7 minutes ago, Jericode said:

It's literally a few hours at this point, just wait and see it :P

I can't find any trace of said spoiler since I made that post so I'm hoping it's bollocks.

😠 

I mean, come on. I'm like 99% sure I've seen every possible scenario thanks to my own time playing CK2AGoT :shifty: . 

• Like 1

Using HBO Go, does the show just pop up at 9pm?  I've been pirating it for a long time because I didn't know we had HBO..

Spoiler

I don’t understand why the people on the ground started killing the women and children. That made no sense to me. 

Even Dany going insane that quickly to me was nonsense. Storytelling has really gone out the window this season.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My wife is furious that it all went down that way. She was a hardcore reader of the books before I had even opened the first book, and she haaaaaaaaaaaated all of it. And she's easily the "most positive, find something to like about everything" person I've met in my life. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Not sure how to feel right now. It was entertaining in a "turn your brain off" sort of way, and I've come to expect that now. It's not what Game of Thrones used to be, but I'm not ready to say I strongly disliked it.

I feel the same way and I really think the last episode will have a make-or-break effect on the whole thing for me, but also at this point I'm not a big fan of the main contenders to the throne. 

• Like 1

First episode I've ever watched 'live' and first episode I've watched in full besides the very first episode. Did not enjoy.

Spoiler

Even Daenarys when I see bits with her, seems like an absolute power-hungry maniac. Refusing to help unless someone bends the knee, just a mad lust for power, executing people via incineration by dragon. I’m aware there’s 99.9% of her I’ve not seen but the bits I do leave me bewildered as to why she’s a fan favourite.

I knew she was a fucking wrong'un.

Why is she suddenly capable of taking down a fleet of not just the ships with those ballista things, but also the wall-mounted ones by herself? Suddenly an expert at juking massive bolts and dodging and weaving like she's Ali, and all the people on the ships are suddenly a terrible shot?

Why did Sandor (?) bring Maisie Williams all that way in to the city and right to where they needed to be, just to then tell her to go home the moment they got there? Other than that the plot calls for her to be in the city I guess? Seems lazy.

Lunatic dragonlady sent full evil by bells? Also it made like, no effort to make that moment where she suddenly starts burning all the civilians, children included like a 'big' moment? She just kind of sat there, then it cut away, then there was just fire behind the civilians as they were running through the streets. That should surely have been like a huge moment? It made it seem like it was all just part of the same action of fighting soldiers rather than there being a flip from it being a battle of sorts to just literally massacring innocents?

Also, again, I'm an 'outsider' to this show, but obviously I've picked up general bits just through general social osmosis, but isn't Tyrion meant to be like this incredibly intelligent character? I guess the writing really has dropped off a cliff based on reactions I'm seeing to this episode and this season in general, cause that is not the impression I'm getting from this character at all.

• Like 1

I for one and glad next week is the last episode...

Why?  Just...why?  This was another episode where not a goddamn thing made sense.  Jamie's arc of redemption and realizing Cersei is a monster?  Nah, lets just have him go back to her.  

It made sense that the Unsullied followed Dany in not ending her attack but it made zero sense for the Northmen.  I was expecting a showdown between the Northmen and the Unsullied, or at least Jon and Greyworm  

Thank fuck Captain Euron Sparrow is finally dead

Arya was wearing some massively thick plot armor this episode, surviving two building falling on her and Night Kinging her way out of being burned

Cleganebowl was decent.  

Made me feel sorry for Cersei, great job.  Been making me hate her for how long and in the end, she dies crying about her child.  And the way they killed her was just so...anticlimactic.  Just like how they killed The Night King

• Like 2

Spoiler

Dany's basically been taking shot after shot of psychological trauma from the get go. Except for Jon and Drogon, everyone she's cared about is dead. Really, her losing her shit shouldn't be a surprise. 

• Like 5