House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Fellas, am I right in assuming that at this point we're in uncharted waters for the series? That we're finally tapped out on books or is there another book available that this next season is going to touch on?

Fellas, am I right in assuming that at this point we're in uncharted waters for the series? That we're finally tapped out on books or is there another book available that this next season is going to touch on?

I think this season is using parts from the last two books. but I could be mistaken.

From what I've seen of previews, I think we're looking at this season being half putting out the last bits of the book specific stuff, half going completely off the rails.

This isn't really spoilers at all, but just an example...

It looks like Jamie is in Dorne from the previews, but he never goes there in the books. We've caught up to the books with Bran and I think they're going to be caught up with Daenerys by the end of this season.

• 4 weeks later...

I refuse to watch trailers for this. Just rewatched Season 4 on BluRay, glorius! I am very much ready.

I only once watched the BluRay extras and decided against doing it again because the world is just to well crafted to know that it was filmed in some parkinglot in the UK. But on Season four there is a cool extra were the characters read the history of their houses acompanied by some very nicely drawn(watercollored pictures. Well worth seeing. It´s on disc 4, check it out.

I'm going to dangle this little carrot in front of you... :P

Episode 1, first scene

Flashback to Cersei's childhood visit to Maggy the Frog and her prophecies.

• Like 1

Yay that's actually in the books, that's relieving considering what we've heard so far!

Coincidentally this will be my first time watching GOT as a book reader having read them all over last summer. I'm sure I'll grow to resent the T show!

Yay that's actually in the books, that's relieving considering what we've heard so far!

Coincidentally this will be my first time watching GOT as a book reader having read them all over last summer. I'm sure I'll grow to resent the T show!

Well, you've picked the season that is likely gonna have the most changes from the book, so resentment is possible :P

I've also caught the odd glimpses of the leaked spoilers, but I'm avoiding full summaries so I can watch it with a fairly untainted viewpoint. I've seen very mixed reviews on different scenes, so I've got some ideas as to what is gonna change in places.