House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/02/george-r-r-martin-book-readers-will-be-unhappy-with-game-of-thrones-season-5/

"People are going to die who don’t die in the books, so even the book readers will be unhappy. So everybody better be on their toes. David [benioff] and D.B. [Weiss] are even bloodier than I am."

Without spoiling it for other people can someone tell me if there is any semblance of a hero to get behind in this show yet? Also any notable sexual assaults on the horizon? I used to enjoy aspects of this show and wouldn't mind trying it again. But don't want to if you guys know stuff I for sure wouldn't want to see

Sexual assault-wise, I imagine they'd tone it way down after the backlash the Jaime/Cersei scene got. I can't think of any from the source books their using for this season, but I haven't re-read them in a long while.

Hero-wise, it all depends on what you expect from your hero really. Every character is kinda grey depending on the criteria you're using.

Also, in news that may affect filming of season six, Lena Headey (Cersei) is pregnant. I believe she is/was dating Pedro Pascal (Oberyn), which would make that baby a stone badass.

Actually, that reminds me, the Mountain vs Oberyn fight is very gory, I dunno what Srar's level is on that issue.

Also, in news that may affect filming of season six, Lena Headey (Cersei) is pregnant. I believe she is/was dating Pedro Pascal (Oberyn), which would make that baby a stone badass.

My god, that may be the most incredible child to ever be born. I'd imagine they just wait to film her scenes at the end though. Apparently the kid is due in the summer, which is when they start filming, so there's no reason she can't take a few months off to be with the kid and then come in over the winter to do her scenes.

I thought Sean Bean was pretty heroic. Also his son that died at the wedding thing. Tyrion sometimes. It's Tyrion right? The one Dinklage plays. I was kind of liking the redemption road I thought they were going down with Jamie but they messed that up in a way that made me quit watching.

The fat dude from the wall who saved the kid! He was one. Is he still around?

Jon Snow is a useless douche though

Jon Snow may be a useless douche, but he's the closest thing to a straight-up fantasy hero in this show. I don't know where you left off, but he gets better, after a point.

As far as upcoming sexual assaults go, there's no details, but one of the actresses recently talked about filming a "super tramautic" scene that was horrible for everyone to film and watch. So, I dunno, tread lightly.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/72742/oberyn-tells-the-story-of-house-martell-in-this-game-of-thrones-featurette

Posting the Dorkly link because i can't find it on YouTube.

Animated history of House Martell, voiced by Pablo Pascal. It's as awesome as you think.

Spoiler free, it's all history stuff.