House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Stick to spoilers. They're clearly marked. Just don't look at them.

Agreed.

Just give warning if the spoilers contain anything from the leaked episodes.

Although, I wonder....what will this leak do to the ratings of the first four episodes?

I do love Davos. Just for the implication that Flea Bottom in Kings Landing might be full of gruff Geordies.

• Like 3

In regards to TCO's spoiler:

I knew about the Jaime changes already, I'm guessing from the trailers and various bits of footage they've released that he is going to Dorne? Not sure what he'd do there mind, seems a major deviation.

Episode 1 thoughts:

Everything about The Wall so far has been really well done. MY BOY STANNIS BURNING BITCHES UP IN THIS JOINT.

Meereen/Daenerys seem more interesting than I was expecting. Very hopeful for what happens there, especially for some Tyrion interactions.

On that note, Dinklage and Hill were wonderful in their scenes together.

I agree that seeing the Bolton banners over Winterfell in the intro was heartbreaking :(

Littlefinger scheming is always dangerous for somebody...

Good first episode in my opinion. Keen to see some of the other storylines kick off in Episode 2.

You lot are awful. Enjoy suffering in misery for another month.

I'll just say I'm glad it seems that we've finally reached the point where character paths are crossing and I can finally show some interest in the Dany storyline cause of it.

• Like 2

Episode 2 spoiler

They've completely changed Jaime, Brienne and Sansa's story from the book.

:(

Sansa and the book.

Could this be building to her taking the place of the absent Jeyne Poole? Members of the crew were talking about scenes that were VERY uncomfortable to work on and film and given what's gone before I can't think of too many things that would push them that much farther.

Episode 2 spoiler

They've completely changed Jaime, Brienne and Sansa's story from the book.

:(

Sansa and the book.

Could this be building to her taking the place of the absent Jeyne Poole? Members of the crew were talking about scenes that were VERY uncomfortable to work on and film and given what's gone before I can't think of too many things that would push them that much farther.

They could be combining her story with Jeyne and Lady Stoneheart given the interaction with Brienne. I have absoultely no idea how they're going to tie up Jaime and Brienne with the former being in Dorne or Theon, Asha and Jeyne's storyline given how they've deviated so much the Ironborn. The fact that Balon is still alive and Aeron, Euron and Vicatarion seemingly don't exist is even more confusing. Dany's storyline is going to be drastically different with no Jon Connington or Young Griff either.

They're saying they're running out of material to adapt and they'll have to start deviating, that wouldn't be a problem if they didn't ignore a massive chunk of the plot.

Haven't watched the leaks, but these spoilers don't give me hope for this season.

Possible Generic Spoilers cuz book stuff, maybe? Better safe than sorry

It seems that they're changing so much of what are my favorite plots in the book (the Dornish), and cutting some of my favorite characters, namely Victarion and Jon Connington. Makes me much less interested in the show, since, in the books, these are particularly important to whats going to happen moving forward.

It seems they're sticking pretty close to what happens in the North, but, from the spoilers, it seems they've replaced fake Sansa with real Sansa? BLAH.

Yeah, I'm a little...unenthusiastic about the show moving forward.

Haven't watched the leaks, but these spoilers don't give me hope for this season.

It seems that they're changing so much of what are my favorite plots in the book (the Dornish), and cutting some of my favorite characters, namely Victarion and Jon Connington. Makes me much less interested in the show, since, in the books, these are particularly important to whats going to happen moving forward.

It seems they're sticking pretty close to what happens in the North, but, from the spoilers, it seems they've replaced fake Sansa with real Sansa? BLAH.

They're replacing fake Arya with Sansa, even worse! No Iron born I really don't get, Victarion and Euron's dynamic would make for some pretty great TV and then there's the collision course that Victarion is with Meereen and Dany in The Winds of Winter.

I think they're afraid to put main characters aside for a while. Sansa should only be in one episode tops in this season and be parked in favour of the new charcters introduced in a Feast for Crows.

They're replacing fake Arya with Sansa, even worse! No Iron born I really don't get, Victarion and Euron's dynamic would make for some pretty great TV and then there's the collision course that Victarion is with Meereen and Dany in The Winds of Winter.

I think they're afraid to put main characters aside for a while. Sansa should only be in one episode tops in this season and be parked in favour of the new charcters introduced in a Feast for Crows.

Obviously I meant fake Arya, no idea why I brainfarted there!

I totally understand not wanting to set aside characters they've worked hard to build up (sorry, I tend to use wrestling phrasing with this stuff, I'm such a dork), but, at the same time, in the books, they're usually replaced by characters who are just as good. Victarion would, in my opinion, be very popular if done right, as would the Sand Snakes, and even Asha/Yara (although I don't think they'll kill off her stuff, because it ties into Stannis).

Then you have the subplots of Jon Connington, which one would think they'd jump on, as it involves Tyrion, adds a strong, possibly gay, character, and you can get some good action scenes out of he and Young Griff coming to Westeros.

I guess I shouldn't have held up much hope when it was clear they weren't going to run with Lady Stoneheart, because I think that she's another place where they could have gotten a lot of good stuff and it would have gone over really well.

I think you could have dragged more out of Sansa, that's a place you can add stuff if you want to keep her around, rather than changing up an entire storyline, and, really, kinda making the whole 'The North Remembers' stuff not make as much sense, in my opinion. If there's a legit Stark involved, how will that affect the Manderlys, or Theon/Reek's escape from Winterfell?

Meh. I'll still end up watching it when I get the opportunity, but I'm less excited for this season than I have been for previous ones. Some deviation is fine, but they're going completely away from what happens in the books. I'm not usually a 'stay with the source material on every subject' guy, but there's a point when it stops being ASOIAF...

Episode 1-4 Spoilers, Maybe Some Book Stuff

If they are planning to get more seasons (I heard a rumour that HBO were considering as many 10) I think some book characters will be saved for their own arch. This season we have the Sand Snakes, I could see the Damphair and the rest of the Greyjoys gtting that spot in a future season.

Sansa's story has just got a whole lot more interesting. I would not be surprised to see Roose or Ramsay murdered by the end of the season after Sansa discovers her cunning. Either that or she'll fulfill Lady Stoneheart's story instead. Either way I'm intrigued how she will politicise her way through this situation. I wonder how Reek's story will go to? It already looks like they are not going the way of the books.

I do wonder if Dany will close this season with Tyrion or if she ends up as a prisoner before they get a chance to meet. The dragons are an anomaly as well.

In all honesty the only subplot I'm not really into is Arya's. I would not mind if she sits out next season and they find Bran something to do instead.

Episode 1-4 spoilers:

I fucking hate the deviation for the books for Brienne and Sansa. It made Brienne look like a total moron that she just went ahead and asked Sansa whether she could protect her, it almost feels like they haven't made her learn anything from everything she's encountered so far. And her not even mentioning to Sansa "Hey, by the way, your sister's alive" is a missed opportunity for some fun plotting from Littlefinger there, I think. And I honestly cannot see Sansa saying yes to marrying Ramsay, she'd never do that after what happened to Robb. Unless... I can't remember if she knows that Littlefinger betrayed Ned or not. If so then maybe I can sort of believe that due to prior behavior.

Varys, after being one of the most bad ass characters in this series, looked like a bumbling fool in Volantis. He barely said anything of note on the road, and when he got to Volantis, what exactly was the reason he lost sight of Tyrion? What was he distracted by in a brothel, considering he's never given two fucks about stuff like that. The exit shot of him looking like "Er, where did you go, Tyrion? Er..." sucked so much, it took away so much of his coolness.

I also don't really believe that Jaime would kill Tyrion for killing Tywin, it totally goes against everything that his relationship with both of those were. Just wasn't a fan of that.

And they better not fucking kill Grey Worm, damn it. Grey Worm saving Barristan at the end was so awesome.

Besides that, I think I'm okay with all the changes, and love the way it's progressing. The stuff with the Sparrows and the High Sparrows was total fun, as was the Sons of the Harpy stuff. The Tommen / Margaery / Cersei stuff is so much fun too, and I love the Wall stuff now. It used to be the most boring part of the show (except for Bran of course). By the way is Bran not appearing in season 5 at all? I miss me some Hodor.

Episode 4 and if you've read all the books spoilers:

Man, I can't fucking wait for Margaery to get back at the Cersei. That moment is going to be so fucking sweet.