2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

I'm depressed enough that I'm older than Jordan Henderson by a month and Danny Welbeck by a larger margin. Also rather depressed that on FM I don't have to play 5 years into the future to see people with my date of birth but instead many players start the game the same age if not younger than I am.

So thank you old people of EWB for making me realise, just days after my 21st birthday, I'm still a way off being old folk like you lot. :)

I'm depressed enough that I'm older than Jordan Henderson by a month and Danny Welbeck by a larger margin. Also rather depressed that on FM I don't have to play 5 years into the future to see people with my date of birth but instead many players start the game the same age if not younger than I am.

So thank you old people of EWB for making me realise, just days after my 21st birthday, I'm still a way off being old folk like you lot. :)

You're welcome. :crying:

The moment I started to feel old with regards to football was the moment Wayne Rooney turned up as the Everton wonderkid. "Ah shit, that guy's a year younger than me and now he's England's Great Hope...it's not right."

For a while there I was getting Ashton mixed up with Dean Windass and had some serious questions about your age.

No one on here would lie about their age would they, Pesci?

:shifty:

I don't even know why I'm having this conversation, I'm actually still 17.

The only player around that makes me feel old is Jack Wilshere who I'm 5 months older than. Nobody is too good that's much younger than me at the moment though thankfully, though the emergence of John Flanagan is starting to be felt a little who ironically is exactly one year younger than Wilshere.

Edited by The Cool One

We've signed John Sutton (:D) and Jamie Hamill (any Killie fan shed light if he's good) today.

Apparently also signed Danny Grainger from St. Johnstone.

Zander Diamond too but I'd rather not talk about that one because I hate him and he's the worst player I've ever seen.

John Sutton is decent, at least FM says so as I've tried to sign him in the Championship.

And what'll be the crack with Barton? Want's more money than Newcastle's structure will allow? Either way my mate is going to be gutted because he never shirks to tell me how Barton could easily get paid double what he's on at the moment but stays because he loves it so much.

I'll be glad to see the back of him. Pesky bugger is a good player.

Premier League transfer rumours by club.

I found this interesting, if anything.

Bit weird that they've got us linked with Lloris for £20m even though Reina's already said he's staying. Do you know how that list is compiled? Can't just be everyone a club has been linked to, because just for Liverpool they've missed a whole load off.

I'm panicking over the Barton news but there must be more to it than the club not offering a new contract, even Ashley isn't daft enough to lose out on a transfer fee next season. Presume it is asking for too much money, which shatters his hard earned 'nice guy' reputation of late.

Or it could be that we're bringing better in. Maybe. It could happen!

Same regarding the transfer things, apparently we're only interested in 4 players? Although I have heard rumours with them all quite recently, but it misses off David Vaughan where a 3-year deal is apparently already about to be accepted and seems to be the most advanced of any transfer. Certainly more so that Ba or N'Zogbia, so it's a little odd.

PS Apparently Leeds' cheapest adult ST this year is like £550, can one of the Leeds fans please confirm whether or not this will be to pay for George McCartney's astronomical wages on a full time basis? Please please please please please let it be so!

Bit weird that they've got us linked with Lloris for £20m even though Reina's already said he's staying. Do you know how that list is compiled? Can't just be everyone a club has been linked to, because just for Liverpool they've missed a whole load off.

Yeah, the Chelsea ones are either out of date, incomplete, or both.

Yeah, the Chelsea ones are either out of date, incomplete, or both.

I've no idea how it was compiled. I was googling around when I found it.