Saints Row The Third

Borrowed the game from a friend and just finished the campaign. That was all sorts of random awesome. The person who ended up being the mayor was fantastic. Wish I had gone with the choice to get the huge fists, but I can live without. Much preferred the Shaundi ending as well, tons more over the top.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

Bringing this post back from like 9 years ago, but Saints Row The Third: Remastered is coming out May 22nd

Now if only they can remaster the rest of the series (starting with the first).

9 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Now if only they can remaster the rest of the series (starting with the first).

Yeah, I think I'd be more open to this if they'd sold it as a bundle of the first 3 games. Like, I think 4 was around in that space of time where stuff got released on both last and current gen so it made sense for them to port it at the time but it just seems odd for them to re-release 3, and only 3, all this time later. The first, I think, was 360 exclusive and whilst 2 was on both 360 and PS3, I think the PC port was meant to be pretty shoddy. Not sure if they ever patched it (or if it got fan modded) to a decent state so those two you'd think would need the re-master most.

Of course, I am biased in just wanting to relive the glory days of Blinged Out Ride multiplayer.

2 hours ago, King Ellis said:

Yeah, I think I'd be more open to this if they'd sold it as a bundle of the first 3 games. Like, I think 4 was around in that space of time where stuff got released on both last and current gen so it made sense for them to port it at the time but it just seems odd for them to re-release 3, and only 3, all this time later. The first, I think, was 360 exclusive and whilst 2 was on both 360 and PS3, I think the PC port was meant to be pretty shoddy. Not sure if they ever patched it (or if it got fan modded) to a decent state so those two you'd think would need the re-master most.

Of course, I am biased in just wanting to relive the glory days of Blinged Out Ride multiplayer.

Was that in SR2 or 3? I never played the 4th one but I can never remember which one I stopped on. I remember blinged out ride with you and LL but very little else.

I really do wonder if they just don't have a way to port SR1 or think because of the jankiness of its play in 2020 (and the series' pivot by 2) that it's not even worth the resources. Hell, 2's PC version still is getting patched because of its bugs to this day so I can't imagine that's an easier port job than the two games that were mostly less broken and easier to pass cert.

• 1 year later...

New Saints Row game, simply called Saints Row.  Its a reboot

• Like 3

Saints Row 3 remastered is also free on the Epic Game Store now, until September 1st.

6 minutes ago, Lint said:

New Saints Row game, simply called Saints Row.  Its a reboot

also, I really dig this. I think they showed a gameplay trailer afterward but I didn't see it.

I get that they decided to do a reboot rather than a Saints Row V, but the characters look....meh. Apparently Gat Out Of Hell's ending plus Agents of Mayhem having disappointing sales are the reasons why they chose this path.

I think it kinda had to happen at some point anyway given the way the series kept escalating from like 3 onwards. Where else can you go from the Boss being President of the United States, fighting off an alien invasion? Or Johnny Gat being in literal hell?

I imagine they'll still have something about them to stop it being a dry open world sandbox. The whole rocket launcher thing which fires like 9 mini warheads would give some indication the weapons at least will veer toward that wacky side of things. Plus you have that guy with the emoting helmet. Though, didn't Watch Dogs 2 have like the exact same thing?

• Like 1