Cricket!

nabeel

Interesting to see the Kiwis have decided to debut two players in the final test now that Mills and Oram are injured.

Southee has big wraps on him and had a ripper U19 World Cup, though I haven't heard much/anything about Grant Elliott. Has to be a step in the right direction for the Black Caps to not call back nothing players like O'Brien.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Key Points to this match:

- England's batsmen are rubbish tonight

- England's bowlers were set a nigh impossible task

- Stanford are about to become $1 Million a player richer

- This has to be the biggest hyped let down in 20/20 history

Unless England can take 10 wickets and only give up 12 runs in nine overs, this one is over

It really was a bit of a clusterfuck tournament, but hopefully it goes to some lengths to getting the Windies back on track. Twenty20 will become a tired concept soon unless they reduce the number of meaningless tournaments and make more sporting pitches. Will never compare to watching test cricket for mine.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great day for Pakistan today restricting Australia to 229/9 on a rain shortened first day. Solid spell of bowling from Asif and Aamer. Really looking forward this summer (well aside from Kamran Akmal still being on the team). Any breakthrough guys I should be looking at from England/Australia?

Morgan will be playing for England, a top quality batter in ODIs but i'm still not 100% on him in the tests. You may get to see Steven Finn, he is a quickie and in my oppinion looks pretty good. The rest is usual England I guess. I could barely recognise some of that Aussie team today. Not the force they once were.

Morgan will be playing for England, a top quality batter in ODIs but i'm still not 100% on him in the tests. You may get to see Steven Finn, he is a quickie and in my oppinion looks pretty good. The rest is usual England I guess. I could barely recognise some of that Aussie team today. Not the force they once were.

I think I read something along the lines of 5 uncapped players that have made this trip.

Guest mickeyblueeyes37

Thats cause its AFL seaso and we dont give a damm COME Deceber you will all see AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI AUSSIE OI AUSSIE AUSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI or BARMY ARMY ever way i dont are crickets tests are so boring like watching grass grow =) Pakistan 2-0

Ponting's struggles at Lord's is insane. Same goes with Tendulkar and Lara, the other 2 guys in the top 3 of the runs list. Don't like they are not using the floodlights here just because there is no light at Headingley (and they want to be consistent)....not that it looks like this match is going to need the full 5 days. We've had less than 2 days and 24 wickets down already....yikes.

Katich has saved us so many times, if it wasn't for him we'd fall apart completely. Ponting struggling; no surprise there. He hasn't been that great for a while now.

Great news that Hilfy might be back in favour, he's certainly in our top 2 or 3 pacemen.

I really like the job Mitchell Johnson has done for you guys. Loved his work in the last series between these two teams as well.

Katich has saved us so many times, if it wasn't for him we'd fall apart completely. Ponting struggling; no surprise there. He hasn't been that great for a while now.

Great news that Hilfy might be back in favour, he's certainly in our top 2 or 3 pacemen.

To be fair, Hilfy was never really out of favour, he just couldn't get his knee right following the first test of the Aussie summer. Provided he got through the 'A' series against Sri Lanka A last month fully fit, he was almost a certainty to be recalled.