Cricket!

nabeel

I missed the match having watched the tennis I couldn't keep my eyes open much longer. But glad England got back to winning ways, if we win the next one I think I'll start thinking about the 4-3 turn-around!

* Australia beat England by 51 runs

* Australia: 249 (49.3 overs)

* England: 198 (45.3 overs)

* Venue: Brisbane

Poor again by England, Australia have now won the series 4-1 with 2 to play. Credit to Anderson and Finn though who made the England innings a little more respectable.

England 329/6 at the end of their 50 overs, in what was their highest one-day score in Australia. Strauss opened for England, scoring a nice 63, with Prior and Pietersen chipping in with 18 and 29 respectively. But the man on the innings was Trott, who scored 137, only being bowled out with the very last ball. Bell scored 45 and Morgan pitched in with 21 in the last couple of overs. A brilliant innings overall, but it's too late because the series is already over!

Australia are up next, they have alot to do to win this one.

Michael Yardy is a joke as England's second spinner... Samit Patel should be in the ODI side...

Fat people can play cricket... Merv Hughes, David Boon, Dwayne Leverock...

Get everyone as fit as stringbeans, and they break down quicker than a rapper at a nightclub... Exhibit A.. Shaun Tait... Exhibit B.. Shaun Marsh

* Australia beat England by 57 runs

* Australia: 279-7 (50.0 overs)

* England: 222 (44.0 overs)

* Venue: Perth

So that's it for the series now, Aussies win 6-1 :(

On to the World Cup now, I was feeling all so confident about it after the Ashes, but now I'm not so sure. Hopefully Strauss and Flower can sort the team out, get are players back fit and then maybe we'll do well. Credit to Australia though, you've played some good cricket over the ODIs, well done.

This time, yeah, but the story of the series will be all the needless wickets England gave away, with Strauss and KP leading the way, so to speak.

It's like they go an over with only one run from it then go into a panic, and try to force them, which leads to the loss of wickets. I think in most of the matches, England stayed way ahead of the Aussies at certain stages, but kept losing men so weren't able to post decent enough totals consistently.

The amount of times I saw England at like 75-for when in comparison Australia had 30 says it all. They panicked too much.

Oh well. Bring on the WC!

• 3 months later...