The Mass Effect Thread

Benji

I thought Javik was really the only thing in the CE worth it.

the robot dog .... now that thing was useless. it just randomly goes around the shuttle area and you don't even interact with it.

Javik had some great dialogue on the ship and on the Citdael. I didn't find his mission as interesting as Kasumi's in ME2 or even Jaeed but he was definitely a better character than Jaeed.

Tuchanka Spoiler

I teared up a little when Mordin went into that elevator. My Shepard is gonna be a cranky bastard now.

Hah, I did the same with Ash's death in ME1. That moment of loss gave my Shep a ruthless streak that didn't really get dropped until the end of ME2, where I realised that some of the stuff he was doing was basically sacrificing part of his own humanity (or whatever the alien equivalent is), and refused to save The Collector Base.

Eh, Zaeed was kinda' interesting. I think the From Ashes DLC disappoints most people because of how awesome the DLC missions in ME2 were. You get a really in-depth mission that's about the same length as a main story mission for all of them (Overlord, Shadow Broker, and Arrival - I can't remember if Firewalker came with the game but required download like Zaeed and Kasumi, or was an extra purchase, but that counts, too, considering how much time playing all of the Firewalker missions took), and it provided an extra layer to the game.

With Shadow Broker, you get more interaction with Liara, and to top it all off, you now had a new location with a bunch of interaction that could act as another home base besides the Normandy. The dossiers in the Shadow Broker base are rather interesting, and really, the humor in there is a little dry, but enjoyable (e.g. for Grunt: NEW SEARCH: tyrannosaurus wrex... NEW SEARCH: dinosaurs). Overlord was similarly rewarding and detailed, albeit once you finished the mission, that was all you needed to do. With Arrival, you got to play as Shephard on his own, and the first part of the mission was sneaking around and solving puzzles instead of shooting things. With Firewalker, you got a new tank-type vehicle, and just played around with it in multiple areas.

The real issue with pricing, then, is that the From Ashes DLC seems to be far less rewarding, with a much less challenging and involved mission, and a spare character and weapon added that last through the game trying to make up for the rest of it. Truth be told, it's comparable to the Kasumi Goto and Zaeed Massani DLC from Mass Effect 2, meaning that EA overcharged for the From Ashes DLC if you want to talk about the quality of the DLC equating to the price. Then again, I thought that the Kasumi DLC was cheap as hell, for what I got, so it's a toss-up. How sad is it that I know how the game ends, and know how the plot could have gone better all the way to the end, but haven't played through the game, by the by?

I thought Javik was really the only thing in the CE worth it.

the robot dog .... now that thing was useless. it just randomly goes around the shuttle area and you don't even interact with it.

Javik had some great dialogue on the ship and on the Citdael. I didn't find his mission as interesting as Kasumi's in ME2 or even Jaeed but he was definitely a better character than Jaeed.

I like Zaeed and his stories are great. Javik is a great character though.

I love that he's not what Liara expected a Prothean to be and is a bit of a jerk.

I have to agree though that the majority of the DLC from ME2 was much better in camparison to From The Ashes. The only DLC I didn't find that fulfilling was actually the Zaeed mission. The Kasmui mission was at least a bit different. The Arrival might be the best one though the Shadow Broker one is a more complete experience. You even get to fly one of those shuttle cars.

The only thing I didn't like about the M-44 Hammerhead was the fact that thing had no goddamn armor. Even though the Mako handled like shit it at least had proper shielding.

I would have loved to have been able to take control of the Normandy in ME3 or another character for a bit (like you got to control Joker for a bit in ME2).

Edited by Don Ready Slacker

video-game-memes-video-games-that-was-a-joke-shepard.jpg

EDI has been getting around...

crushed+pelvises.jpg

This game should have a mileometer in the corner or something to represent all the people on Earth that are dying whilst you're fucking around.

I can imagine it ticking over into the 7th digit as I stand and listen to the entirity of Blasto 6.

• Like 1

Operation: FORTRESS

With Reaper forces beaten back, relief efforts are under way in the newly-taken territory.

During this period, Reaper enemies will be severely depleted and there will be far fewer brutes than usual.

All players will get +25% experience over the weekend as Citadel Allied Command reviews the lessons of Operation Goliath and uses them to train new forces.

Looking ahead: Admiral Hackett has put out the call for advanced combatants among the N7 squads. These troops are being marshaled for an upcoming elite operation. Experience under fire leads to promotions….

Welcome to the next N7 multiplayer weekend!

Last weekend the community joined together to push back the reapers in Operation Goliath. With over 3 million brutes killed, their numbers have been decimated. Expect to encounter far fewer this weekend.

As a reward for that outstanding performance, join your friends online between 5 PM PST Friday, March 23 and 5 AM PST Monday, March 26, to reap the rewards of last weekend’s successful offensive with a 25% XP bonus.

- All enemies.

- All maps.

- All challenge levels.

- All platforms (PS3 included).

- All weekend.

To participate, you will need to play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer during the listed time period. That’s it. The bonus applies to all XP earned. Gather your squad and take advantage! You’ll want to be leveled up for next weekend’s event…

+25% experience. Now’s the time to shoot for level 20 with your favorite character, or build up your N7 rating!

Hmmm, just XP? Shame there's no extra packs or everything. Still, i'm up for some multi if anyone wants to play.

Actually, just looking at that hint at the end, makes me wonder if I should promote my guys. Most of them are 16/17/18/19 apart from the Vanguard who's at 10 or 11 or so. Though, I guess they'd get back up to the mid 10's pretty quick with the bonus XP.

This game should have a mileometer in the corner or something to represent all the people on Earth that are dying whilst you're fucking around.

I can imagine it ticking over into the 7th digit as I stand and listen to the entirity of Blasto 6.

I did the same thing. I hope they make a real Blasto 6 animated short. I would so buy that.

Finally completed a multiplayer game on Silver then got to Level 10 the next time :D

Ravagers are bastards though on Silver :( Hate the fuckers.

Finally completed a multiplayer game on Silver then got to Level 10 the next time :D

Ravagers are bastards though on Silver :( Hate the fuckers.

Banshees are the worst though especially when they sent two of them in a group with Brutes and Ravagers.

Agreed, Banshees are by far the worst in multi and single player. Just hearing the shriek in the background shits me up.

I dunno, I've grown to not really be worried about Banshees and Brutes on multiplayer, at least when i'm using my Engineer that is. But when they have Ravagers backing them up, that shit is annoying. But on their own, you can normally out manouvere them fairly easily. Unless you do as i've done a few times and back up into scenery and have the Banshee instakill you. That or have the game cheat and have you teleport into her clutches.

I dunno, I've grown to not really be worried about Banshees and Brutes on multiplayer, at least when i'm using my Engineer that is. But when they have Ravagers backing them up, that shit is annoying. But on their own, you can normally out manouvere them fairly easily. Unless you do as i've done a few times and back up into scenery and have the Banshee instakill you. That or have the game cheat and have you teleport into her clutches.

Banshee's are still pretty annoying just based on the amount of health and the teleporting making it hard to hit them with a rocket. I wish you had the option to select an ammo type during the match, as no one picks a specific enemy type because you lose the XP Bonus, so it's kind of a waste to use fire ammo and end up fighting the Geth.

Banshees with people who know how to play the game as a team on Silver are not too hard. When you get stuck with people who want to be number one on the kill leaderboard and everyone is off doing their own thing, that's when it's horribad. That's what I get for playing on PC :shifty: (though I may have a 360 copy on Monday)

Also, seems like next week will be the crazy operation: "N7 Operatives! Build your XP this weekend in preparation for an elite op next weekend! http://bit.ly/GIFPiE #MassEffect3 #OperationFortress". Gotta say, love how much attention and care into the multiplayer with events like this.