Rugby!

Karizma

His second try was a thing of beauty.

Weird game that one. Scotland almost certainly deserved to win. But also throwing away a 17-3 lead is pretty shocking. Red card the correct decision I think too. Not as bad as the O’Mahoney one last week, but when you fly in with poor technique, you’re forcing the referee into making a decision.

2 hours ago, Cymbols said:

His second try was a thing of beauty.

Weird game that one. Scotland almost certainly deserved to win. But also throwing away a 17-3 lead is pretty shocking. Red card the correct decision I think too. Not as bad as the O’Mahoney one last week, but when you fly in with poor technique, you’re forcing the referee into making a decision.

Yeah, the referee was consistently strict, they are trying to get players to think before committing to possible head-injuring tackles. I hate it, but it was right, especially seeing the replays. Not malicious, but reckless.

Keep in mind Scotland could have increased their lead with a kick, but insisted on driving forward for a try (failed), which backfired when Wales got themselves back in the game. Wales were making so many little mistakes in the first half, they did brilliantly to slowly fire themselves back up.

I said it last week, but it's anyone's championship. Except Italy of course. Every game feels exciting, despite the lack of crowd, it's strange!

• 2 weeks later...