Rugby!

Karizma

Dreadful first half for England, but an amazing start for France.

The mind boggles though with how an international player apparently doesn't understand the concept of 'play to the whistle' though.

Can't lie, after getting a multiple assists from the wind and still being down, I can see England violating us in the second half. Also, I have never actually witnessed Scotland win a game of rugby in my life. It's bizarre. Pretty sure this is around my 30th game I've watched live or attended in person. 😕

Edited by The Kraig
For Lineker.

14 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

This is proper secondary school rugby stuff.

It really was, but I think the weather killed the real flow of the game. Both teams did quite well considering, and England easily the better team today. The scoreline could have been far wider. 👏

12 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

From the sounds of it, some of the Scotland fans were acting like tossers today.

Heard bottles were thrown (plastic, thankfully) as the England team arrives outside. Neil Craig (no relation) got smacked by one but didn't need treatment. There was supposed to be "Brexit" protests but I can't say I paid enough attention to notice, it's not really the right place since it has literally nothing to do with rugby. If anything, rugby is one of the few things that brings us together. The shouting, whistling and booing during the kicking was kind of expected though, it's the Calcutta Cup after all, people were complaining about this on Twitter but Twitter is fuelled by politics at the moment. Scotland fans also tweeted abuse towards the French ref, which baffles me, I thought the ref did a good job.

They should investigate though, no one should be getting missiled. Might have to increase security and have the SRU pay for it, and actually prosecute folk caught on camera.

• 2 weeks later...

England's first half performance was the best they've played since the World Cup Semi-Final, easily. The second half hasn't been as good, but Ireland have lacked the potency to cause any real problems. It's hard to think that this is the same team that was arguably the best in the world eighteen months ago.

On 02/02/2020 at 17:14, Mad Jack Frost said:

Expectations shouldn't be all that high for what is an experimental England side. They'll be high anyway, but still. England do need to stop playing Lawes as a 6 though. He's just not up to it.

Yeah, you're wrong, he was immense vs Ireland