Rugby!

Karizma

Argentina beat New Zealand recently and drew twice with Australia. They're definitely the toughest third pot team and should cause England problems. If France's young players develop well over the next three years, the match against New Zealand should be a great one.

I really don't know why they always make the draw so far ahead of the tournament. Today's seedings might bear little resemblance to the state of international rugby in 2023. I fully expect Argentina to be better than a third pot side in 2023 and Wales to no longer be a first pot team, probably replaced by France or Australia. England could well be a second-tier side by then.

I think Wales ought to be OK for second place at least. Ireland or Scotland for second place in Group B is a more interesting one. As we've said, though, a lot can change in three years. A couple of years ago, Ireland were probably the world's form team and England were finishing fifth in the Six Nations.

I don't know how I feel about rugby league and rugby union sharing a thread, but just wanted to comment on how ass backwards the British Super League is.

Kick out an international franchise with growth potential and big home crowds prior to promotion, let in another club from a mining town.

Got to be the worst run professional sports league going.

In Union news, Toulon didn’t turn up for their European game against the Scarlets this evening. They got spooked by the one positive case in the Scarlets squad last week and refused to play - despite the player and his close contacts being kept well out of contention. Game was supposed to kick off at 5.30, but by that time, the Toulon plane had already taken off for home. Baffles me why they travelled over to be honest, it’s not like we didn’t already know about this situation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

England still look too ill-disciplined. Wales ought to fancy their chances against them in the next match, while France could stuff them.

Nah man, we’re not playing well at all.

Louis Rees-Zammit is one of the few bright spots though. Kid is a baller.

2 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Nah man, we’re not playing well at all.

Louis Rees-Zammit is one of the few bright spots though. Kid is a baller.

He's been a highlight of a disappointing Wales so far as well. Kid just turned 20! He's tremendous.