Rugby!

Karizma

I'll accept that light smashing. Ireland have been so good and consistent. Here's hoping England show up. Hogg getting 100 caps is a hell of an achievement. Probably the best player I've ever seen play live.

Since I'm in Kiwiland, I've begun planning Lions and World Cup excursions in Australia and I can't recall being this excited for rugby in my life.

6 hours ago, FestiveJack said:

This feels very harsh

Using the tackle framework, it has to be a red. His arm is tucked down by his side so he’s never in a realistic position to make a tackle. He’s had time to brace as well, which doesn’t help his case. Poor discipline all round from England today.

12 hours ago, FestiveJack said:

This feels very harsh

Steward's thrown himself sideways, almost elbowing him in the face? He is protecting himself at the expense of the player he should be tackling, for me it's a clear red. Really fucked the game though.

In other news, what a lovely try. Duhan has really changed the Scotland team for the better.

I know it's a different code but it's the only rugby post we have, I've just spent the last 8 days in Australia going to 4 NRL games to tick off a childhood bucket list item. I was spoilt for quality with games, but the highlight was probably Parramatta Vs Penrith, a repeat of last year's grand final. Parramatta is still looking for their first win of the season, Penrith with some absolute quality (including a 45-metre drop goal) and it was a fantastic game for the neutral like me.

Spoiler

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fourstarfizzle said:

I know it's a different code but it's the only rugby post we have, I've just spent the last 8 days in Australia going to 4 NRL games to tick off a childhood bucket list item. I was spoilt for quality with games, but the highlight was probably Parramatta Vs Penrith, a repeat of last year's grand final. Parramatta is still looking for their first win of the season, Penrith with some absolute quality (including a 45-metre drop goal) and it was a fantastic game for the neutral like me.

Hide contents

That drop goal was magical!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Admin

Henry Slade and Alex Dombrandt are among the notable absentees from Steve Borthwick's 33-man England squad for the Rugby World Cup in France.

Joe Marchant is included but there is no place for Exeter back Slade, who played at the past two World Cups.

Saracens hooker Theo Dan, who made his debut in Saturday's warm-up loss to Wales, is also selected.

Owen Farrell will captain England, who open their tournament against Argentina in Marseille on 9 September.

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

It's ridiculous how imbalanced the Rugby World Cup draw is. New Zealand, South Africa, France and Ireland are in the top half, while England, Wales and Australia are in the bottom half. If Scotland had been drawn in the bottom half, they'd probably fancy their chances of reaching the final. As it is, they'll do well to get out of a group that included South Africa and Ireland.

I'm not a gambler, but I'd say you could do a lot worse than putting money on Argentina reaching the final from that side of the draw.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lineker changed the title to Rugby World Cup 2023