Rugby!

Karizma

10 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

On recent form, France, Ireland, New Zealand and South Africa ought to be the four biggest contenders. As they're all in the top section of the draw, however, at least two of them will be eliminated before the semi-finals.

Yeah the way the groups have worked out, it really opens up the way for a below par England to shithouse the whole thing. That’s where my money is anyways.

Tonight’s game should be a corker though.

14 hours ago, FestiveJack said:

To Ireland? :P 

Just doing my usual "well ackshally, Scotland hosted the first international" thing I do for rugby/football. Hard to dispute rugby isn't English as fuck when it's named after an English town but I always give it a go.

That being said, Ireland are a good bet, no disrespect intended from my laughing react.

I'm especially salivating over France/NZ and SA/Scotland. Just hope the Boks don't absolutely kill Scotland's confidence, they were deadly against the All Blacks. I've also adopted Fiji and Tonga since a lot of my pals in NZ are from there and their love of rugby has me so invested in this World Cup. It's infectious. Scotland/Tonga is a huge fixture on my list for that reason. :D Also, Ireland/SA should be a cracker.

And I always have a soft spot for Japan. Scotland has taught me to enjoy the underdogs' tenacious/embarrassing defeats.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Kraig said:

Just doing my usual "well ackshally, Scotland hosted the first international" thing I do for rugby/football. Hard to dispute rugby isn't English as fuck when it's named after an English town but I always give it a go.

That being said, Ireland are a good bet, no disrespect intended from my laughing react.

I'm especially salivating over France/NZ and SA/Scotland. Just hope the Boks don't absolutely kill Scotland's confidence, they were deadly against the All Blacks. I've also adopted Fiji and Tonga since a lot of my pals in NZ are from there and their love of rugby has me so invested in this World Cup. It's infectious. Scotland/Tonga is a huge fixture on my list for that reason. :D Also, Ireland/SA should be a cracker.

And I always have a soft spot for Japan. Scotland has taught me to enjoy the underdogs' tenacious/embarrassing defeats.

I think I'm all minnows this tournament - tier 2 support only, and just try and enjoy the other games.

I'm not a massive rugby fan but it seems like there's enough going on in this world cup to keep me interested, even if much of that is down to Scotland's horror group. Aside from that the person I share my office with is French and a huge rugby fan, so I'll probably watch to humour her if nothing else.

• Like 2

It's a clever tactic, England aren't even "trying" to get over the line. Get into range and pop it over. Ford has his kicking boots on which is helping but in these conditions and a man down to keep chipping away whenever we get feasibly in range rather than getting into a grind has been great for us. Still a long 40 minutes to go but I was dreading this before kick off and have a bit of unexpected optimism.