Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

5 hours ago, RPS said:

significantly easier in my opinion. I'm two hours in.

you basically breach one room, kill every bad guy and breach another room or finish the mission. no exploration of the map. very little surprises at the moment. so far I have gotten to three rooms to clear.

but as a father with limited time, I love the bite sized nature of the experience. XCOM 2 is great but some mission take 40 mins +. I'd estimate each mission is 5-15 minutes. 

Yeah, I am really liking that part.

I gave the Drug Dealer Simulator Free Sample a go last night. 

It definitely felt like it was an unfinished game, and I'd hope the final product looks a bit more polished, whilst fixing some obvious spelling and grammatical errors in the process. 

What it did do though, is give me the chance to use m+k for the first time ever in a game (excluding FM obviously). I'd never used anything other than a controller beforehand. 

It felt a bit weird at first but it's something I could get used to I'm sure. The next time I load up Green Hell, I'm gonna try it this way. 

Playing Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and fuck that stealth bit early on.

That being said, for what's basically a remake of Wolfenstein 3D it's pretty good so far.

My Wreckfest decided to break this afternoon for no apparent reason, at least not immediately. 

It would get to the first loading screen, then I'd get a popup telling me it failed to load as it force closed. Thankfully when I uninstalled and re-installed, it worked straight away and I noticed they'd pushed a big new update for it this afternoon. I'm assuming this is what caused it, but surely these updates install automatically? Does Steam usually tell you when a game is updating? Either way, it's working now and the game is absolutely brilliant.

I intend to get Wreckfest at some point and all the NASCAR mods means it’ll likely be on PC. 

As for the updates, it should update automatically but I’ve also had that issue (mainly with CK2) where I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and it’s worked fine so I’m guessing it’s just some issue applying the new patch to the previous version for some raisin.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Antivirus software can sometimes mess with Steam games.

I don't have my own installed apart from McAfee which came built in as a trial. I'm not sure this was the cause tbh as the fact the update dropped today seems too coincidental. 

Also @Mr. Meacon Moneybags, some of the mods on Wreckfest seem great but people blame them for causing issues with the game at the moment.

You also can't play any of the modes online with others whilst you have mods running (granted it's a case of unchecking a box to disable them) unless the person hosting has the same ones as you, so unlikely. I ran into that problem with the VeryTrackPack installed and I couldn't work out how there was only 1 online lobby when I looked. 

Never had trouble with Malwarebytes and gaming.

On 24/04/2020 at 16:31, Baddar said:

Is Stranded Deep any good? Seeing that it's just got a console release has me intrigued. 

And what about Green Hell? 

I enjoy Stranded Deep more than Green Hell. The gameplay is slightly different in both but they are basically the sam (i do think Green Hell looks better). There is however nothing more terrifying that takin a nice swim in a wreck and then turning around in the maw of a fucking tiger shark....bastards... One of the VERy few games to get a proper jump scare outta me reatidly for the same damn thing. You'd think i'd learn my lesson.

What does seem to be in Green Hell's favour is a little more direction and story.

Edited by SquareRootOfSi

Drug Dealer Simulator has lots of potential.

I gave the "Free Sample" a shot the other night and it's fun. I watched some of a Dev playthrough on Steam and they were answering a lot of questions on what might be added/improved upon.

The £15.49 price point is probably a bit steep at the moment as it does feel like an early access game despite having its full release already, which is turning some people off.

Been playing Sometimes Always Monsters, as I was a fan of Always Sometimes Monsters.

Pretty interesting, so far.

I've been

Spoiler

Playing Sam as wracked with guilt and using his sequel to basically confess to being a fraud and being responsible for the original MC's downward spiral, while also trying to protect his career.

best turn based tactical games like XCOM on Steam? 

I am loving Chimera Squad, but I feel like my Quarantine gaming will be Animal Crossing and turn based tactical games, so I want to play a few more examples. I feel like ORO was playing one recently. 

8 minutes ago, RPS said:

I am loving Chimera Squad, but I feel like my Quarantine gaming will be Animal Crossing and turn based tactical games, so I want to play a few more examples. I feel like ORO was playing one recently. 

Well, Gears Tactics is a lot of fun so far. It's expensive, though, unless you have Game Pass.

56 minutes ago, RPS said:

That'd be Phantom Doctrine, which is a tactical game with a Cold War spy theme. Definitely recommend, and there's three campaigns (not including the unlockable extended campaigns) to go through.

What is Disco Elysium like? Heard a lot of good reviews of it but don't know anyone whose played it

I got it for free as Heather being an NHS worker is entitled to a free game

(UK residents if anyone on here knows of people) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

What is Disco Elysium like? Heard a lot of good reviews of it but don't know anyone whose played it

You will either love it or hate it. It is a dice roll RPG where all the dice rolls are related to conversation/actions you are performing. I played a few in game days but haven't touched it since. Some people absolutely adore it, though. You'll definitely know if you like it within 2 hours so you can get your Steam refund if needed.

• Thanks 1

Finished Sometimes Always Monsters. Really neat experience. If you haven't played Always Sometimes Monsters, you should play it and SAM. It's interactive storytelling in one of the most grounded, down to earth, realistic scenarios out there.

Imagine the school day portions of Persona 3-5, but instead of just being a high school student, in ASM you're a starving artist with less than 20 bucks to your name, trying to get to the wedding of the love of your life in time to win them back. Not only do you have to figure out how you're even going to get to the wedding in time, you also have to make sure you have enough money to buy food because you can actually starve to death. There's loads of freedom in play too; you not only can decide if your character is male or female, but also which your love interest is.

SAM is a direct sequel and I really can't say much about the plot other than that the events of a completed ASM game can be ported over and it's a lot more slice of life than ASM is.