Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Cards are stupid, fuck cards, what is with y'all and cards. <_<

I personally can't get excited about trading cards. I've sold the two I got from this for approximately $.40. Don't care to hawk them, don't care to collect them, don't care to coordinate with anyone to distribute them. Just click the 'sell' button and go.

• Like 1

Cards are stupid, fuck cards, what is with y'all and cards. <_<

I personally can't get excited about trading cards. I've sold the two I got from this for approximately $.40. Don't care to hawk them, don't care to collect them, don't care to coordinate with anyone to distribute them. Just click the 'sell' button and go.

Yup.

I am up to about $3.50 now. Going to buy Cave Story+ on the last day of the sale, and anything else I can buy for what's left over.

Ha! I'm up to $1.48 thanks to selling my TF2 stuff, as well. If RPG Maker goes back on its deeper discount, I may pitch in a few bucks and make a EWB RPG.

That would be awesome!

Do I get cards for playing or buying?

Playing. There is a page you can go to where it lists the games you own that support cards.

Oh! You also get cards for voting on the flash sales.

As you play a game that has cards, you get 3 drops specific to that game. Might end up with 3 different cards, all 3 the same or somewhere in between. Usually doesn't take too long for them to unlock. When you've had all your drops for that game, you're eligible to receive a random booster pack with another 3 cards. You can get foils in that pack which are just the same cards but 'better'.

You only get the Summer cards for buying things and even then it comes in increments. First seems to be $10, after that I'm not sure.

You'd have to get a few, normal game cards are only worth roughly 20-30p. I imagine the more popular games might be worse since there'll be tons more people playing, putting more cards in circulation and driving prices down. Summer cards seem to be worth even less, seen them selling for about 10p. Then you have to factor in the cut Steam takes so it'll cut it down a little more.

What is it with Valve and them creating these strange economies around their games?

And always check GreenManGameing, they usually have at least 20/25% of with a vouch. Brave New World is absolutely worth it. The game feels much more complete (i like the gametrailers review saing it feels like you have to pay for something that should have been part of the game from the beginning/bug fixes).

Finished our Shadowrun campaign this past weekend, and I'm really tempted to get Shadowrun Returns. Was hoping it'd be a co-op sort of game, but being able to play other peoples stories is very appealing. Plus I want to play a Decker >_<

Excited to buy those summer getaway cards and hoping the value skyrockets over the next few hours/days. Dammit, now I'm Steam-addicted.

I hope so too. I'm sitting on like 6 of them. I have noticed a small uptick in the prices for those cards since the sale ended. The Chivalry card's selling for like 8 cents more today than it was just yesterday. It better keep rising too damn it. <_<

New Humble Bundle:

Saints Row 2

Saints Row 3

Risen 2: Dark Waters

Sacred 2 Gold

BTA for Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row 3 GOTY (Currently $4.60/£3.15 (roughly))

Pay $25 or more for Dead Island: Riptide

Plus some soundtracks.

Already have SR3 from the THQ bundle and SR2 on PC is apparently god awful but Risen 2 is some sort of pirate-em-up-RPG thing so that could be interesting. Think Sacred is some sort of action RPG too. Never played Dead Island and I know it has fairly middling reviews but I suppose it's worth a bash for £3.

Seems to be purely Steam keys. Risen, Sacred, SR2 and 3 are all one key. Dead Island and SR3 GOTY are another key.