Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

I took some time off from playing games on Steam, and was mainly playing SWTOR. Trading cards are a new thing since I was last on. I've unlocked cards from Saints Row The Third and am trying to update L4D2 to get cards from it, but Steam keeps freezing up and giving me a Winsock error when doing it so that's going to take a while. I decided to go see if I could go use the market. Nope. I changed my password recently to one that's easier for me to remember, and it says for security purposes I can't access the market for a few days. August 10th is NOT a few days!

I need the Johnny Gat, Nyte Blayde, Oleg Kirrlov The Brute and The Boss Of The Saints cards, and have an extra Zimos.

• Like 1

If anybody wants to trade, I don't think I'll play any of these non-Walking Dead Telltale things I got from their Humble Bundle. I have the third Sam and Max series, Back to the Future, Hector, and Wallace and Gromit. I'll trade for whatever game you don't mind being rid of.

EDIT: Err, ignore. I don't understand Steam things.

I'm actually playing Bulletstorm after buying it who knows how long ago (got it when it was on a sale for a couple bucks) and it's incredibly fun. I've finally made it to where I can unlock the thumper and I tested it quickly before exiting the game. Can tell I'll have fun with that. Really hope they do a sequel, though I can't really remember what the story is about since last time I played a couple missions.

I really want to get the Back to the Future games... I'm going to wait to see if it goes on sale first and then possibly buy it depending on the price... would anyone say it's worth a buy?

I enjoyed it. It can be a little cumbersome at times in a traditional point-and-click adventure game kind of way, but the puzzles are never too obtuse and the game evokes all the charm of the Back to the Future franchise. Marty McFly's voice actor does a great Michael J. Fox impersonation, too.

If you open Steam and hit your username in the upper section and then go down to badges, that should tell you your rank and current xp at the top of the page.

Badges is where you want to be in general because it's basically how you're gonna earn the XP. You get a little bit from doing all the community based things which are basically things like recommending a game, posting a screenshot, commenting on a friends page etc etc. You get 100xp for completing a badge set and also some for reaching different stages of games in your library (Probably like 10, 25, 50, 100 etc). Plus some for every year you've been a member.

Again, like the cards, there isn't too much real point to it.

If you open Steam and hit your username in the upper section and then go down to badges, that should tell you your rank and current xp at the top of the page.

Badges is where you want to be in general because it's basically how you're gonna earn the XP. You get a little bit from doing all the community based things which are basically things like recommending a game, posting a screenshot, commenting on a friends page etc etc. You get 100xp for completing a badge set and also some for reaching different stages of games in your library (Probably like 10, 25, 50, 100 etc). Plus some for every year you've been a member.

Again, like the cards, there isn't too much real point to it.

And yet people are still willing to buy the cards. For real money.

Yea, I got a booster pack for Really Big Sky which had two dupes and a foil, sold one of the dupes so far which isn't worth much but the foil could be worth about £2 for me.

Speaking of which though, anyone need FM or Reus cards for the summer thing? I have spares and need everything else apart from Tomb Raider.

I don't know what these cards are. Are they worth caring about? How on earth do I get some?

Anyway, this Steam Sale is the bees knees and also the bane of my credit card. So far I've bought:

- Bioshock 1 & 2

- Alan Wake Pack

- Fable III

- Fallout 3 Ultimate Edition

- Faster Than Light

- Metro 2033

- Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum

- Sleeping Dogs

- Torchlight II

In addition to recent purchases of The Witcher 1 & 2 and the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

Going to set an alarm for early tomorrow in case Civ V gets the 75% discount in the vote. Thank God I'm getting paid $3500 in a week.