Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Risen 1 got 8.1 on the user reviews so it's probably a case of people not liking that the sequel is different to the first game or something.

Mass Effect 3 has 5.5 on user reviews. Same shit with Diablo 3, Sim City 3 etc....

The Risen games aren't that bad at all. Metacritic is the drizziling shits when it comes to ACTUALLY figuring out if something is decent or not. I have been led astray far too many times to pay attention to that shit.

I wish I could've gifted the stuff I already had.. everything just came in two codes.

Reviews are for the most part - generally shit. I'll make that blanket statement because I've yet to find a place that doesn't commit the cardinal sin of either:

a) comparing a game to another that is hardly similar in concept or design, but is a popular staple of the genre either at the time or a very popular staple of times gone past

b) basing the score for a game in a series off the previous games and deducting points for non-sensical reasons

The 'b' one might sound unreasonable - there are proper times to do that of course. But I've seen games thrashed because they weren't like the previous iteration when they weren't trying to be and that just steams my hams.

The closet I've ever seen is 1UP.com's video reviews where two people sit down and just talk about the games.

Anybody else having trouble actually activating the new Humble Bundle via Steam? I keep getting an error about the server being unreachable. I already owned Dead Island, but couldn't resist picking up the Saints Row games for less than $10.

Played Worms Revolution with a couple of friends earlier... I don't know how we played anything before this. So many shenanigans and hilarity.
Kind of makes me want the newer one later this month :3