Robin Gibb has "only days to live"

METALMAN

Really sad to hear to this. Pop music never get it's fair shake in the critical music community and the Bee Gees are no different. The Bee Gees were superb song writers and singers who had some amazing songs. It's funny because in the seventies, there was the huge "disco sucks" movement and people were smashing the Bee Gee's records. Rock fans revolted against the Bee Gees and disco music, probably in large part due to ignorance, homophobia and racism. But in the last 5-15 years, it's really been disco and dance music that have influenced the culture of music and rock music is no longer relevant. If the Bee Gees existed today, I'm pretty certain they would have been just as successful commercially and way more successfully critically.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

It's quite funny really. If anyone made jokes like this about Fabrice Muamba when it looked like he was dying they'd be flamed to high hell. Quite funny. :/

This.

Mods, find some consistency. A man is dying, but it's okay because he's from an old band and not a footballer.

It's only words. :/

Without wanting to start the whole joking thing again, I legitimately lol'd at this one.

As has been said, incredibly sad news. Liked a lot of the classic Bee Gees stuff, but I also thought that the guy never really looked the same since his brother died. Like, he looked a hell of a lot older than he was, gaunt and sickly looking. Really sad.

If you have nothing nice to say, at all. Simply put. Just fuck off.

If you want to go and make jokes go to 4Chan, or whatever daft we can make jokes sites that are out there are. Yeah it is a forum and freedom of speech. Freedom of speech to make yourself look like a twat.

Robin Gibb is a lovely man. A friend of mine had the pleasure of meeting him. My friend who had lost a brother talked with him about it and said their music helped him get over it. And Robin took time out to say that was he got over the death of his brother. Nice man.

It's a shame he has now fallen into a coma.

• Like 1

Horribly unlucky family all things considered. Robin's spent a lot of time doing good for charity in his final months - great guy.

Yeah, I always remembered hearing of Andy Gibb dying very young, and he was the youngest of the Gibb family.

Sad to hear about Robin Gibb, I'm no huge Disco fan, but the Bee Gees had some catchy songs.

And a cool bit of trivia that I just saw, Andy Gibb's Love Is Thicker Than the Water replaced the Bee Gees Stayin Alive at number 1 in the U.S. Kind of neat that the youngest Gibb knocked his older brothers out of the top spot with his solo career.

Edited by VerbalPuke

• 5 weeks later...

Robin Gibb has now passed away aged 62, it is being reported.

Bee Gees' singer Robin Gibb dies after cancer battle.

Bee Gees' singer Robin Gibb has died following a lengthy battle with cancer, his family have said.

British-born Gibb, 62, had been battling colon and liver cancer.

Gibb's musical career began when he formed the Bee Gees with his brothers Barry and Maurice in 1958.

The group is among the biggest-selling groups of all time with hits spanning six decades including Stayin' Alive, How Deep Is Your Love, Massachusetts and Night Fever.

- BBC News

Edited by AdamDRFC

Aw man, shitty news.

The Bee Gees definitely changed my life and I'll be blaring their tracks all night. Donna Summers and Robin Gibb dying in the same week is such a shame. At the very least, their suffering is over and if their is an afterlife, they are making it a thousand times more danceable.