WWE '13

tenaciousg

I'm hoping at some point, now that we have an attitude era themed WWE game, that we will eventually get a WCW vs WWE game. I know they tried to run the angle in WWE 12, but with the roster they had it was such a stretch. I think if they made it a point to seek out many of the big names for Legends/Game deals, it could be really fun.

Would absolutely love to see a spin off type of game created for this, even if they had to treat it Legends of WM style so that current guys can get imported in. They'd still probably double up on some guys for the WCW roster but it would work. Reliving the cruiserweight division would be so fun with WCW versions of Jericho, Rey, and Eddie plus Malenko and Kidman already employed by WWE. Just need to strike a deal with La Parka, Psychosis, and of course Ultimo Dragon.

It'd be a fantastic roster even if guys like Sting and Hogan are unavailable. I'd still tear shit up as The Outsiders...been hoping to get Hall into a game at some point.

Yeah, I'm expecting Ryback to be DLC, and hoping Cesaro will be. Ryback is a huge omission, though.

I'm a little baffled by the choice of Attitude Era Mark Henry, too. I was expecting "Sexual Chocolate"; it seems bizarre to put in Nation Of Domination Mark Henry when presumably neither The Rock or Faarooq will be in their Nation guises, and no other members of the stable are included.

Also, I'm surprised Goldust didn't make the main roster - I expect we'll get at least one DLC pack of additional "Attitude Era" guys, though.

For the most part, I'm not remotely psyched up about this - it just seems like a gimmick pasted on to last year's framework. My girlfriend's pre-ordered it anyway, though, so we'll see.

No Tyson Kidd or Natalya? Fuck this game.

I kid, as much as that stings my Canadian love for terrible haircuts and awesome women wrestlers, I'll still get this just for the shear silly fun I can have with attitude clones.

I'm a little baffled by t' choice of Attitude Era Mark Henry, too. I was expecting "Sexual Chocolate"; it seems bizarre to put in Nation Of Domination Mark Henry when presumably neither t' Rock or Faarooq will be in their Nation guises, and no other members of t' stable are included.

I'd imagine t' reason he's in as NOD Mark Henry is because t' Rock and Faarooq are down under other guises. I'd imagine t' conversation was "we should have something from t' Nation of Domination" and there was Mark Henry,

I'll be skipping this one, WWE 12 got boring after a couple weeks and this looks like t' same exact game, but with a different roster. I just don't see myself getting it unless Universe mode or RTW end up being really good and fun.

They can keep their game. I bought this year's one because I bought into the hype and it was dreadful, although being that I'm not a massive fan of their product any more it's hardly surprising I couldn't get excited by things like Universe or whatever.

Also they need to fix the never ending menus that hang forever. For all the shit Madden and other sports games cop for being the same shit year in and year out, WWE games haven't progressed at all in years. If anything they have been getting worse. I'm wondering if anyone will pick up the licence if THQ do go tits up or can't justify the expense.

http://wwegamesunive...ssions.html?m=1

- Create An Arena now expands to the stage

• Outdoor arenas (confirming outdoor WrestleMania 28, I'd guess)
  • Very small ROH-like venues
  • Choose between modern/Attitude crowd
  • Current roster is in the 60's I think, says final roster will be 100 when DLC comes out.
  • Also, John Laurinaitis will assign a new referee in Special Referee if you get out of hand

Edited by Ty123

Nothing says "Attitude Era" like blurred out middle fingers...

The graphics in that video look blocky and awful, worse than they did in '12. And is anyone going to be sold by the ability to unlock "classic photos"? Such a waste of time.

Considering they're using the Monday Night Wars as a plot device, I'm hoping that there'll be some WCW guys in DLC. Being able to do WCW vs. WWF matches with guys of that era is what they should be doing with an Attitude Era game, as it's something that wasn't possible at the time. If I want to play as Steve Austin, there's countless games where I can do that. Austin vs. Goldberg or The Rock vs. DDP, though? Not so much.

I am looking forward to the create-an-arena expansion but The Rock, Steve Austin, Kane, The Undertaker, Mankind, Triple H, HBK and Mr. McMahon being in a video game together in 2012 isn't really that revolutionary. Infact, I believe they are all available to play in WWE 12. Adding a bunch of Attitude Era mid-carders is awesome, but that does not sell me on the game. The pictures and videos thing is stupid. I agree. Such a waste of time. You have 1 year to make a game and you spend time implementing stuff you can find on the internet.

I've been saying, for years, that a WCW vs WWE/WWF (or even add ECW if you want) game is the way to go. Video games allow stuff to happen that you can never ever see in real life. Before it gets too hard to find the top guys of that era for some voice over work, they should do it ASAP. Get DDP. Get Kevin Nash. Get Scott Hall. You can cut a deal with Goldberg and he does not even have to do voice-over since his whole gimmick was he was a silent bad ass. Do an epic story mode and book WCW vs WWF. A game like that is a license to print money, but you can't wait too too long.

• Like 1