nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

Watching all that unfold on the Football League Show was pretty hectic. A few general thoughts!

1) I'm quite pleased for Hull. The pitch invasion was stupid but I really like Steve Bruce, if only because I feel sorry for him. He always seems to just have this hangdog air about him, only occasionally managing a weak smile. It's like he's constantly convinced he'll be sleeping rough later in the evening. Don't hate Steve Bruce guys! Conversely I do feel sorry for Watford, but finishing in the play-offs is a great achievement considering the turnover there.

2) Poor Peterborough. I would have rather seen Huddersfield, Millwall and somehow Blackburn go down instead of them. Although, having annoyed me for the majority of the season, I liked Ian Holloway admitting that his side got really lucky with decisions in the game and going as far as to say that he felt "sombre" at Peterborough going down. Rare bit of humility from him and it was nice to see.

3) Meh, Leicester. I suppose they should be commended for sticking with Nigel Pearson though. Not from me though, I like a bit of managerial turmoil.

4) Add me to the Brighton bandwagon for the play-offs! I wouldn't mind any of the other three going up really though, Watford have Zola and some great players, Palace would be an entertaining and unexpected promotion, and Leicester going up would remind me of the last time they were in the Premier League for a concerted period, when I was about five and everything was better in the world.

5) Really pleased with how Charlton ended the season, with a couple of astute summer signings I think we might have another outside chance of the play-offs next time out. We're in the best shape we've been in for a long time. Chris Powell is a great great man.

EDIT: Wait hang on when I said I wanted Blackburn to go down I clearly meant Bolton and Burnley. Blackburn and their representatives here on EWB are wonderful people!

Edited by jack95

But I meant Bolton and Burnley! It's just because it is late and I was only half focusing on what I was writing and the keys are just so close to each other on the keyboard. I bloody love Burnley and Sean Dyche really!

EDIT- Wait, I meant Blackburn and the Venkys! Not Burnley and Sean Dyche!

EDIT x2- Wait, no, that edit was wrong as well, I meant Blackburn and... anyone at that club who has retained some dignity from this season! Jordan Rhodes and... Gary Bowyer?

Edited by jack95

But I meant Bolton and Burnley! It's just because it is late and I was only half focusing on what I was writing and the keys are just so close to each other on the keyboard. I bloody love Burnley and Sean Dyche really!

EDIT- Wait, I meant Blackburn and the Venkys! Not Burnley and Sean Dyche!

EDIT x2- Wait, no, that edit was wrong as well, I meant Blackburn and... anyone at that club who has retained some dignity from this season! Jordan Rhodes and... Gary Bowyer?

I just called to say, goodbye. :(

Can't understand anyone being disappointed that Peterborough have gone down, there isn't a single redeeming thing about them.

My sole reason for wanting them to stay up was that it's straight down the line on the train. Don't Like Fergie Jr. and they're a pretty small club, were my 2nd preference after Millwall to go down.