nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

Any chance of Saunders going back to Donny?

I would be very surprised.

Exactly what I said to my roommate, he came out with a definite FUCK. OFF.

This is the less articulate response. We don't want him back. I certainly don't. Got to move forward, not go backwards.

It's hard to articulate just how thrilled I am at Swindon and Sheffield United stopping down in L1. Amazing stuff. Good to see there'll be a local trip to Yeovil or Brentford next season.

I like Brighton and wish them well and think they may go up, but I'd rather they stay down as selfishly, I'd like to take in The Amex as I've heard good things about it.

I'd say so. Their form has been woeful for months.

Isn't it something like 3/4 wins in 18 games? I'd definitely agree that they are the outsiders.

It's another daft, unfounded cliche isn't it. That the side who sneaks in has the momentum and therefore goes up.

I haven't believed it a jot since we went up from 3rd in 2008, annihilating Southend 5-1 in the semi-final when they were the side who 'sneaked in' on a late surge.

League Two tends to favour sixth or seventh place quite a lot, due to the surge of momentum that can occur from that final play-off place push. Bristol Rovers, among others, did it in 2006-2007.

• Admin
Wolves are to follow the example of neighbours West Bromwich Albion by appointing a head coach, in the wake of Dean Saunders' sacking. "The board has decided it wishes to appoint a head coach as opposed to a traditional first-team manager," said chief executive Jez Moxey.

Hartlepool have sacked John Hughes.