nPower Football League Thread 2012/13

Lineker

Love the fact Brighton have not gone up, really want to take in The Amex last season, heard good things about it. Cracking treks next season. Brighton, Reading, Leeds, Wednesday, Forest, Charlton, Birmingham ... going to be a fun season. Hoping to make most away games, as usual.

Who do you support, Emperor?

Brighton's ground is tremendous. We went for the first ever game there when it opened and the whole thing is fantastic. Great architecture, innovative concourses and padded seats right around the ground!

Reading on the other hand is one of the most boring and soulless trips to take. In the middle of nowhere too so you can't even take in the surrounding area, it's just a motorway next to the hill the ground sits on.

I support AFC Bournemouth. I only look forward to Reading because it's local-ish, I have family there, so it's the perfect excuse, and we owe them a beating for that horrendous 3-3 all those years ago. The ground and sorrounding areas I know to be as bad as Pride Park.

Forster and Cureton. *shudders*

The away end at Elland Road is garbage too. Doesn't help that both times I've gone we've shipped 5 goals though.

I think the away fans have moved now, they're in the south corner of the west stand these days.... not that that alters your original statement in any way

Love the fact Brighton have not gone up, really want to take in The Amex last season, heard good things about it. Cracking treks next season. Brighton, Reading, Leeds, Wednesday, Forest, Charlton, Birmingham ... going to be a fun season. Hoping to make most away games, as usual.

You appear to have mistakenly left Ewood Park off of your list...

The away end at Elland Road is garbage too. Doesn't help that both times I've gone we've shipped 5 goals though.

I think the away fans have moved now, they're in the south corner of the west stand these days.... not that that alters your original statement in any way

We were in a corner when I went, is that a different corner? I'm not sure on the layout of the ground.

I support AFC Bournemouth. I only look forward to Reading because it's local-ish, I have family there, so it's the perfect excuse, and we owe them a beating for that horrendous 3-3 all those years ago. The ground and sorrounding areas I know to be as bad as Pride Park.

Forster and Cureton. *shudders*

I went down to the friendly in the summer in Bournemouth, lovely little day out, so i'm glad Bournemouth have gone up, would like Brentford to go up too as Reading have had some decent matches with them in the past and its another easy to get to game.

Yeah I think you were in the South East corner. With the shit yellow seats? The fans aren't in a corner so much now, they're at the end of the old long stand just before the corner.

Yeah that's it, with the yellow seats. Glad they've moved them then, I'll probably be heading there again this coming season.

On the off chance I go, fancy a pint if you're getting the train up? Not really much chance that Leeds and Donny fans will be able to go to any pubs near the ground if yr getting the coach though.

Apparently Brighton have suspended Poyet and all the backing staff. Rumour is he put in his resignation (presumably offered the Everton post) and it was rejected so he's temporarily suspended until it's resolved

On the off chance I go, fancy a pint if you're getting the train up? Not really much chance that Leeds and Donny fans will be able to go to any pubs near the ground if yr getting the coach though.

Apparently Brighton have suspended Poyet and all the backing staff. Rumour is he put in his resignation (presumably offered the Everton post) and it was rejected so he's temporarily suspended until it's resolved

Yeah I'm up for that, depends who I go with though that decides whether I go on the coach or the train.

Bournemouth are erecting a new temporary fourth stand. Presumably they want to be sure of staying up first before building a big permanent one.

Any idea what the capacity of this stand is going to be?

As for the Poyet thing, it's all a bit of a mess really but if he really does have a better job lined up there's not a lot they can do.