European Football Thread

IAceI

Barca are in Madrid this afternoon for a game against Atleti tonight, and have turned up in this...

It immediately makes me think "what the fuck is that?", but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me, especially the top half.

Suarez looks scruffy but Messi is wearing it better. And Alena and Pique would look good in anything.

I feel like Quom now.

FB_IMG_1575209592608.jpg

FB_IMG_1575209605734.jpg

The best/worst part is that it wasn't an artistic direction by a professional artist, they specifically hired an artist who works exclusively with depictions of apes. They went out and got the best ape artist they could find after deciding themselves this was somehow a good decision.

"I decided to portray monkeys to talk about racism because they are the metaphor for human beings.
"I've always been painting monkeys for five to six years, so I thought I'd make this work to teach that we're all apes. I made the western monkey with blue and white eyes, the Asian monkey with almond-shaped eyes and the black monkey positioned in the centre, where everything comes from.
"The monkey becomes the spark to teach everyone that there is no difference, there is no man or monkey, we are all alike. If anything, we are all monkeys."

Jesus I hadn't even spotted the "Asian" monkey.

It seems there is a chance the Football Association of Ireland and The League of Ireland could go bust.

The Minister for Sport accidentally let slip the FAI asked the government for an €18 million bail out. 

If the FAI go bust then with it would go Ireland's UEFA membership and national team.

They couldn't use goal line technology in the Nice/Toulouse game because mice had chewed through the wires for some cables linked to it. 

• Haha 2